Are We Getting A Madcat/timberwolf?

14 replies to this topic

#1 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Apologies if i've missed it, im not very good at keeping up to date on the game, but i checked the sticky topic at the top and couldnt find it.

Is this mech ever going to happen? Considering is the most recognisable, and arguable the flagship mech for all MW games, it seems logical, but when?

#2 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

It's unconfirmed, but we all know it'll be the one of the first Clan 'mechs to drop. They've said Clans are coming within 6 months after launch. Honestly, you're probably looking at spring 2014 if we're lucky.

The clan warfare's going to come out after launch. It's going to roll out within the first two to three quarters after launch and it'll start with some basic content and then the players will be able to join the clans and then they'll be able to buy the clan tech."

Edited by Homeless Bill, 31 May 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#3 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Due to the timeframe and the point of view we have been given (3050 and inner sphere respectively) I wouldn't hold my breath for a clan mech anytime within the next six months. Due to the technological differences between the IS and clans the introduction of clan tech will greatly effect how the game is played and until community warefare is flushed out nicely and there are drawbacks to fielding expensive mechs they simply cant put them in yet. To give you an idea the Daishi (Dire Wolf) cost about 29,350,000 cbills to produce, more then twice as much as the most expensive atlas and its prime variant carries four ER large lasers, four medium pulse lasers two ultra autocannon 5s and a LRM10.

And the idea of paying for that with MC makes me shudder, such a big hole in my wallet.

#4 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

kotaku.com live developer Q&A timberwolf was confirmed flat out.

cant' find the quote; said "we would have to be crazy not to want to sell players madcats" wish you luck finding it :(

Edited by Pando, 31 May 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#5 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

The four clan launch mechs are totally unknown right now. That said, I can't see the most iconic mech in the whole game not being released in one of the first four, or at the very least early on. The real debate is over what the other three mechs will be.

#6 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hunchback IIC

#7 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

Warhammer IIC!

http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

#8 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

you can have your madcat all you want as long as the ears stay on as part of the side torso regardless of what is in the mech, and lasers + ballistics are placed in the bullet shaped torso. that alone will make it fairly easy to deal with.

#9 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Posted Image

#10 Guardian00

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I want my Madcat MK II http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Madcat_MKII

#11 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Don't make these threads. The answers are already here:

Where is my "Mad Cat" & Other Associated Clan Tech FAQ

#12 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thor!

#13 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 31 May 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Considering is the most recognisable, and arguable the flagship mech for all MW games, it seems logical, but when?

actually i'd say the warhammer is the most recognizable mech.it came from an anime, and as an unseen is highly desirable. it was on the table top box, and large numbers of characters in the novels used it. it played a large role in the original MechWarrior video game as it was the first really good mech you would be gifted there. only the kids who came late to the battletech universe seem to latch on to the timberwolf. but the number one reason I think the warhammer is the flagship is because you are using its GiF on your post about timberwolves.

#14 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

The Timber Wolf is a nice looking design, however, it will suffer form the same weakness as the Catapult.

With it's huge cockpit it will be an easy target. You can make the missile bays individual parts of the chassis, it doesn't matter, it's still fragile.

I would really like a Battlemaster IIC, but it's an unseen, so it's unlikely.

#15 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Posted Image

ok you guys can stop, if its not the MWO is dying threads.. Its are we getting clan mechs?.... yes we are going to get clan mechs in a year or two or after the game is released

they will get here when they get here and not before

so have some patience

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 06 June 2013 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users