9 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Just so you know mail in rebates arn't worth it at all. It might as well be full price cause they take so *** **** long. Word of advice .

Edited by Egomane, 11 May 2013 - 12:14 AM.
Redacted title

#2 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

This is why i always mail them in. You know how many millions of dollars companies save from people not cashing in their rebates. They lnow people wont bother because it takes so long. Thats why they have been going with rebates over lowering their price. It looks like a sale but only to the patient.

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Patience is a virtue ;)

#4 sumdumfu

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

sometimes they're denied for bullshit reasons too. for my last computer build (last holidays), i got 4/5 rebates back eventually, but one was denied for a mistake on their end that they absolutely refused to acknowledge. after that i'm never buying MSI products again.

#5 Romulus Stahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationStormhead, Loburg, Alarion Province

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Can't remember the last time I had an issue with getting a rebate, be it turn around time or being denied.
I just received one from Hauppauge today (check), I have a debit cards from Asus and Netgear to spend. I recently used used another for a tip at a restaurant. All from my HTPC build.

#6 Fruits Punch Samurai

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

I need to mail one off for my case that I got. I hope it goes thru since I could use $15. Time will tell...

#7 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

How did the title get past the censors?

#8 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

I always mail mine in. Sometimes I get a nice surprise and it'll arrive within 3months! :P

I think the worst I've had is 8-9 months.

#9 ken silver

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

There's always an advatage and disadvantage of using mail in rebates. However, the secret to mail-in rebates is the fact that not all purchasers will actually redeem the rebates. This puts the seller at an advantage, since a number of purchasers will be paying full price during the promotion period. The redemption rate rises in correlation with the value of the rebate, however, as more people are likely to place more priority on getting a significant discount than they would a smaller one. Also, the secret to mail-in rebates is the fact that not all purchasers will actually redeem the rebates.

Edited by ken silver, 10 May 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#10 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

If your gonna necro hardware threads, can you at least pick interesting ones?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users