Ac2

3 replies to this topic

#1 bowlie

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

Just wondering how the AC2 works. I heard that it only detonates and does damage after a certain range, but others said this was removed later. Is it still the case?

#2 Tyler Hand

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postbowlie, on 12 May 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Just wondering how the AC2 works. I heard that it only detonates and does damage after a certain range, but others said this was removed later. Is it still the case?

No minimum range on this guy....hits the same close or far..with diminishing returns at very far distances....still one of, if not the longest range weapon.

#3 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostTyler Hand, on 12 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

No minimum range on this guy....hits the same close or far..with diminishing returns at very far distances....still one of, if not the longest range weapon.

Yep, it's got the gauss rifle beat by about 200m. Mind you that at that range you're doing less damage than a machine gun, but sometimes it's nice to let your opponent know that you're still thinking about them from 2160m.

#4 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

The AC2 will chew up heat if fired continually but if you can lead correctly and keep it on target even a single one can be a good addition.

I bought a new SDR-5K on the weekend and ran a single AC2 in it. Does surprisingly well. I usually run at least two to three of them on some other mechs and it was an eye opener that a single one can be decent.

Don't be afraid to use it at long range either, you can lay down suppressive fire and make mechs take cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users