Catapult Head Hitbox

No replies to this topic

#1 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I had this complaint with the Treb and the Jag when it came out. It was way too easy to head shot. A head shot on any mech should be very difficult, no matter what role it plays. I believe there has been some change to both mechs because they are no longer that easy to do.
I do believe the Catapult is way too easy to headshot. Now that the Jag can also sport dual a/c 20's and is much harder to headshot, I suggest the Catapult should get some work in that area, since it is in the same class.
In ask the Dev's 38 this exchange was given.

"Iron War: What is the official reason to why the catapults cockpit is so large, when most other mechs had theirs reduced?
A: If you are meaning hitbox - the head hitbox is similar to other Mechs."

The size of the hit box is irrelevant if it is too easy to hit. This is not a cry because my poor catapult gets headshot. It is an observance over time of several things. I do not want any mech to be easy, it should be a very rare occurance for any mech in the game, even lights.
First, I relish the headshots I have dealt out to many mechs in the game because of the difficulty. The catapult never gave me that satisfaction because it was too easy. Secondly, when the Treb and the Jag came out, they were as easy, maybe even a bit easier to head shot as well. It appears now that work has been done, because it doesn't happen near as often, whether getting or giving.

I think more work on the Cat is needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users