Jump Jets And Foward Momentum...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've noted a distinct inability to step over obstacles lower than knee height in this patch (which is kinda lame. I have two legs and can step over small obstacles....). The only way to get clear of these things is to turn, even if you have JJs equipped. Why? Because the boulder, car, streetsign, etc. dumped all your forward momentum due to the new mechanic.

Would it be too much trouble to add forward momentum to jump jets as long as I'm still telling my mech to go forward? Yes, the side of the handrail my foot is caught on is 90 degrees, so although it's 4 ft tall, it stops me cold. Gimme a minor thrust vector for these JJs to get me over the crap obstacles littering the place and I can live with unclimbable stop signs...

#2 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

For humor purposes, I think the impassable stop sign should stay in-game.

#3 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postdaemur, on 02 July 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

If you are getting stuck on something very small ie. stop sign or a small rock, please send a support ticket with the location and a screenshot so that we can have this added to the database.

daemur

I'll wander the training grounds and see if I can recreate the effect a few times, then submit locations, screen pics, etc...

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Had the same problem with a truck in river city, because its 90deg you stop dead once you have no forward ommph you have to turn, I think someone got carried away with the vertical surfaces in the new movement code..

I understand the need for the new movement, though the mech hill climbing ranges seem a bit strange, but if I'm walking against a trailer unti or a rig in an 80tonne mech the trailer goes splat, unless some sneaky ninja has stuck a 20 foot tall screen of plasteel in the way :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users