• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Do it.

NOW PGI.

I'm sick of this winbutton instant-hit CT ********. FIX IT.

#2 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 27 May 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Do it.

NOW PGI.

I'm sick of this winbutton instant-hit CT ********. FIX IT.

1st.) Light Pilots fighting Med, Heavy, Assaults who are equipped with Streaks at 270M or less deserve to die.
2nd) Light Pilots fighting other Lights who are equipped with Streaks and they don't carry Streaks themselves deserve to die.

#3 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

The rage is strong, but the sentiment is correct.

The missile code needs to be reworked ASAP.

It's been what? Six weeks? since the LRMpocalypse. Time to show us the new and improved missile code, PGI.

#4 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I agree, streaks are a bit too weak. Buff them.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Every single response by PGI to this is "working as intended".

At this point, I'm only waiting for our Streakcat overloads.

#6 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yay rage-post!

I thought about making a rage-thread this morning about illiterate players and myself having to scout in a Cat K2 because our lights/meds won't.

Why I didn't:
It dunt do nuthin, anit jus getsya laffed At.

(Instead, I went back to bed and chillaxed with my wife... nobody laughing at that..)
Except potential unimaginative trolls that might follow.

Edited by Livewyr, 27 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#7 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I came across 2 guys teamed up in streak cats last night in my stalker. They circled me and chain fired streaks, it was pretty ugly. The outcome? All my armor sections were light yellow, death by CT. I loled.

Working as intended ;)

#8 Doomstryke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Streak cat overlord only works against lights and the odd medium with that 18 point alpha, anything else will blow away your streak boat with even just 20 or 30 pin point alpha (if you even make it within firing range). People in streak cats just want revenge against lights, its their only purpose

Edited by Doomstryke, 27 May 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#9 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

If only they could have broken streaks instead of normal SRMs.

#10 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

rage on brother!!!

#11 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

This thread is going places.

Ran into my first Streak cat yesterday for the first time in ages. Didnt end well for him.

#12 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 27 May 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

I came across 2 guys teamed up in streak cats last night in my stalker. They circled me and chain fired streaks, it was pretty ugly. The outcome? All my armor sections were light yellow, death by CT.

View PostDoomstryke, on 27 May 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Streak cat overlord only works against lights and the odd medium with that 18 point alpha

I find the timing on these two posts hilarious.

#13 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Streakcats are only dangerous in packs. A single streakcat is usually a free kill.

#14 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Half of this thread will be light and medium pilots pointing out how broken streaks are and the other half will be heavy and assault pilots smugly mentioning how streaks don't affect them and don't need to be changed. Just like -every- streak thread.

#15 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostTor6, on 27 May 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Half of this thread will be light and medium pilots pointing out how broken streaks are and the other half will be heavy and assault pilots smugly mentioning how streaks don't affect them and don't need to be changed. Just like -every- streak thread.

Don't forget the Streakcat pilots bring up how they are easy kills for Light pilots who can keep themselves at 300M. The sad part is there as so many terribad lights who can't do that in this game.

#16 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostRhent, on 27 May 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

1st.) Light Pilots fighting Med, Heavy, Assaults who are equipped with Streaks at 270M or less deserve to die.
2nd) Light Pilots fighting other Lights who are equipped with Streaks and they don't carry Streaks themselves deserve to die.

Streaks work equally well against Mediums and Heavies, too. They're insta-core timers that activate the second the first salvo has fired. There's nothing you can do about it.

#17 PEEFsmash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostRhent, on 27 May 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Uh oh! Its the resident expert Rhent!

His suggestions of the day! First, if you are a light, you should engage Heavy and Assaults at over 270 meters. Why? So the streaks can't hit you, duh! Good thing Heavies and Assaults don't have anything else that could hit you at over 270 meters. OH WAIT...they have 2-3PPCs and a Gauss that will 1-2 shot any light! Yeah, that's the range I should engage at! Let's step out far enough so that all of their weapons do max damage, and they won't have to torso twist very fast, and can line up easy shots! Thank you Rhent!

Rhent's second suggestion: You deserve to die if you fight a streak light without streaks. CONGRATS RHENT! You have made our point! Streaks are overcentralizing on lights. You should not dare fight a light with streaks without streaks of your own! Not only are they overcentralizing, they are homing and remove the aiming skill, flattening the skill curve, which is a bad thing for a competitive game.

Thank you for your everlasting wisdom once more Rhent!

#18 Doomstryke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Poststjobe, on 27 May 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I find the timing on these two posts hilarious.

The dude in stalker had one terrible build if he wasn't able to core / headshot / rip ears off

PPC build? why weren't they dead before getting to you. 2 shots there out. No er pcc? Or just bad at slaming on reverse and turning with all the lasers / srms of a short range brawlers he shoulda droped the catapult in 2 - 3 alpha's

I really don't know how you couldn't drop 2 streak cats. At least one should have been dead and with how long it would take them to core you u should of been able to get help

Streaks 90 degree firing is the issue, and probably should re-aquire lock after every shot. Other then that yah no issues with streaks on decent mediums or bigger.

oh and Peef, me following u last night didn't get me killed, your team did no damage to me until I ate 4 ppc's trying to kill a cored cataphract. (i shoulda kept chasing you and lived ;) )

Edited by Doomstryke, 27 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#19 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Oh... another one of those threads. You know... the type I love to send to K-Town. ;)

#20 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think a few people here are assuming the streak pilots are too stupid to close using cover, and are underestimating how much chainfired streaks affect your ability to see anything out your cockpit windows.

View PostRhent, on 27 May 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Don't forget the Streakcat pilots bring up how they are easy kills for Light pilots who can keep themselves at 300M. The sad part is there as so many terribad lights who can't do that in this game.

Because lasers totally don't have burn time, you can totally shoot behind you while you're moving away, and these maps don't have any cover.
Lights only move away from a streak-pult at ~17.9meters/second. If you stop or turn to bring your front arc weapons to bear on a 'pult chasing you, he's now closing on you at 23.9 m/s. You need to spend more time running than shooting, even moreso when you consider that turning, accelerating, and decelerating take time.
Then there's the fact you're shooting at a heavier armored target who can spend all his attention spreading your laser damage all over the place with torso-twisting.

Here's my question: why do we need streaks to completely gack light mechs? It might have been necessary during the days of lagshield, but right now you can kill lights with any weapon, why do we need SSRM2s to be the kryptonite of light mechs?

What happens when clans come in and every single mech in existence mounts a pair of SSRM6s and/or a pair of [no minimum range] clan LRM20s?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users