Oh Look... Ctd... Again

8 replies to this topic

#1 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Came back after a few weeks away, patched and decided to see what's changed. First four attempts to join a game resulted in crash to desktop.

Yup, nothing's changed.

Ran the repair tool, found errors in the Objects.pak (just like every other time).

I am grateful for the repair tool, but what's the point. This game has gotten so bad it is losing more players than gaining, and it hasn't even been released yet.

Not even sure why I keep coming back every few weeks... oh yes, now I remember, because the game I left MWO for is running server maintenance this morning otherwise I wouldn't have come back.

#2 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

You could leave some information about your OS, hardware, and other particulars. You could have left your crash log. Since you have an error in your objects.pak that isnt getting replaced by the tool, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely.

You are a beta tester. Do your part, eh?

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Yes, please contact support and give them all you can, help us out make this game better!

#4 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Nah guys, it's much more satisfying to just ***** and throw unfounded comments around like "This game has gotten so bad it is losing more players than gaining" than actually do what beta testing is meant for.

Nvm me... I must be having a bad day.

#5 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-hud-bug-brief/

^that's what it took to locate and fix most of the hud issues (which long story short ended up being a cryengine bug and not anything pgi did wrong)

If you want it fixed file support tickets with as much info as possible

#6 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Came across this link. Hope it helps, Harm.

http://mwomercs.com/...89#entry2327089

#7 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Specs don't matter. It's been going on on many types of machines. The devs know about it, supposedly there will be a fix soon.

I ran across something on another forum that I am going to try. Run the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode. For me I crash every third match or so.

#8 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

I have placed support tickets, I have sent my logs & specs, and make no mistake this isn't a beta. A beta is where the game is mostly finished and they need to test network stability, compatibility, and balance issues. "Betas" that last a year in which they encourage you to spend real money on the "beta" is nothing but a poor excuse to create the game on the backs of your customers.

They are still writing the game, one piece at a time. This isn't beta, this isn't even an alpha.

Get real. Learn a little something about the topic before posting.

#9 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

yeah and try reinstalling. the game has not crashed at all for me in the last 100 drops i have run.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users