Darkstar Alliance Is Recruiting!

157 replies to this topic

#61 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

Still alive and kickin', Havoc, as well as closing in on full company strength!

Are you a badass shot? One-man army type with the skill to back it up? I hear the 4 Hammers needs a new pilot. They're all deadly good shots, range ain't an issue.

More interested in making sure the long-range guys don't get themselves smeared all over the field they're in lobbing rockets? Maybe you just like to be the wingman, cover guy, and all around protector. If so, join the Meatshields! They keep the squishy folks intact when they've overheated or have their weapons on recycle.

Do you like to seriously [EDIT] with peoples heads? Sensor warfare, scouting, ambushing, backstabbing, and no-tactic-is-too-dirty-as-long-as-it's-not-hacks-warfare your thing? You'll fit right in with the Pistola Banditos. We find the bad guys, so the other lances, which inevitable have cooling looking and scarier 'mechs can kill them. Then when the bad guys realize they shouldn't have come after us, we leg 'em, strip 'em, and/or just plain backstab 'em. Oh yeah, you'll usually find us in the 'mechs with the fancy equipment handing off targets, too. It's cool, we'll share our prey.

#62 Endai Baekem

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCameron City, Here, Federated Suns.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Just made Pvt. rank. Looking forward to serving with everyone!

Lock and Load.

Edited by Endai Baekem, 25 January 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#63 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Y'know, that always got me. Shouldn't the whole "using a Ryoken's leg jump jets to fry an enemy 'mech" be called a "Falcon Kick?"

Oh and welcome aboard new guy! Get your arse on TS3 (no mic, no problem) so we can, IDK, talk at you. Or something.

Oh yeah, as you probably already know, keep a close eye on our forums, news regarding league ops will appear there before anywhere else.

Edited by Corsair114, 26 January 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#64 SourGoat

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Why Hello There, I'm Here And Ready!!!

#65 Danger86

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hey all,

It's Danger from a year and a half ago or so. Joined the military and of course wasn't able to play for 6+ months and since getting back I've been extremely busy. But with news that Mechwarrior is finally going to be coming out again I am going to have to make time for it :).

How is everybody? How many active players does DSA have right now?

#66 Ratu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostDanger86, on 13 February 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hey all,

It's Danger from a year and a half ago or so. Joined the military and of course wasn't able to play for 6+ months and since getting back I've been extremely busy. But with news that Mechwarrior is finally going to be coming out again I am going to have to make time for it :).

How is everybody? How many active players does DSA have right now?

Danger!!!!! Its been far too long. We've currently just under a full company of active pilots and would love to add you to that list again. Swing by the forums and pop onto our TS3 server even if just to say hi and chat about the good old days. A lot has changed since you left us.

Regards,
DSA_Ratu

#67 Danger86

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostRatu, on 13 February 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Danger!!!!! Its been far too long. We've currently just under a full company of active pilots and would love to add you to that list again. Swing by the forums and pop onto our TS3 server even if just to say hi and chat about the good old days. A lot has changed since you left us.

Regards,
DSA_Ratu

Salute Ratu!

It has been far too long. I gotta find my MW games and get to practicing again. I'm finishing up a complete car restoration so I should have alot more free time once that is done. I will defintely pop over and say hello! Might not be for a few days but I'll swing by for sure :ph34r:. Cant wait to hear what has changed.

#68 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I appreciate that invite Warhorse, hard to believe we've been at this for so long but I guess old Mechwarriors will soldier on as long as there's a game to play. Looking forward to this one and swapping some lrm's with old friends, stay in touch.

View PostWarHorse, on 05 January 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Salute!

A shout to CSG Gunslinger.

Good to see you Sir! It's been quite some time since you and I were on the Battle Fields together. We've dropped into some hellacious dust ups. CSG was never outgunned or out classed in any engagement. CSG stood tall In Open and VL matches. I've many fond memories of my service with CSG.

Unfortunately CSG's philosophies changed and RL introduced itself into the CSG operation more than I liked. That's why DSA was created. Spacie and I took DSA up to 1st briefly in VL. We settled back into the top 10 for a good stretch but as with any large gathering of online players and personalities when the blush leaves the rose so does the team. VL came to an end with Mercs. League play spread out to MWL and others. Life got hectic for me. The DSA went inactive save one or two of us barely maintaining presence. A few years past. The reawakening began with the Smith and Tinker news about a New MechWarrior. I was retired and had the time again. DSA awoke. ISW, BattleMechHanger, Living Legends, Mektek remastered MW IV Mercs and the DSA was rolling again! . MWO announced and here we are today. We Mercs are ready willing and able. DSA Doing business the old fashioned way. With Blood and Honor! Service with a smile.

We're always looking for able pilots. CSG ever gets too tight for you you know where to look!

Regards Old Friend!

#69 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostDanger86, on 16 February 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Salute Ratu!

It has been far too long. I gotta find my MW games and get to practicing again. I'm finishing up a complete car restoration so I should have alot more free time once that is done. I will defintely pop over and say hello! Might not be for a few days but I'll swing by for sure <_<. Cant wait to hear what has changed.

Salute Danger

Likewise, Good to hear from you again Danger! It always is good to hear from past and present members!

Additionally, we are still recruiting, trying to build up our numbers for MWO. We are always looking for new members, be they "old farts" or "wet behind the ears" recruits. We offer a Military-style system of ranking, as well as a trained Officer Cadre.

DSA_Emy Out!

#70 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

So, gameplay footage.

That's sure something.

#71 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

So, anyone hoping for a more detailed explanation o movement mechanics, especially RE: Jump Jets soon?

Here's hopin' you can really boogey with 'em. A little sideways, airborne jetting action would be pretty spiffy, but I'd take the ability to turn in mid-flight at the very least.

Here's hopin' they aren't as limited as those jump jets from Mercs.

#72 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

I guess a bump is in order. We're still recruiting. Looking for mature members to fill up our structure.

#73 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Tell ya what, if you're interested in Co-op play in Mercs, Emy's puttin' together something special. Drop by our forums and sign up and you, too, could be playing! Limited time offer, you won't even have to deal with me. Much. :P

#74 maddog

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

To be honest i was sure i had posted in here, hmm guess not. I'm here as always to provide someone to shoot at.

#75 Tussock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 150 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Jimbo here reporting in!

Someone already took the name "Jimbo"... Who'd've thought... So I'm here as Tussock! (A nickname from primary school)

#76 Draksylaris

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

I hope for the honor of seeing you all on the field as allies and opponents my friends. (Formerly) DSA Draksylaris

#77 Ratu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostDraksylaris, on 30 May 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

I hope for the honor of seeing you all on the field as allies and opponents my friends. (Formerly) DSA Draksylaris

Its good to see you again Drak, I look forward to meeting you upon the field of honour once more.

#78 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

So, Asmo's come up with a rig that shouldn't be too expensive to put together and ought to run MWO, and everything else, going forward for a solid 5 years while being forward-upgrade compatible.

Now I just need to get the money together and build the ****er.

#79 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

We're movin' on up.

Well, if things go poorly Sunday, we'll be movin' on out to... elsewhere in the galaxy. See, our homeworld is under attack in NBT....

#80 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Salute!

DSA_Emy here...

Just wanted to bump this post, letting New and Old Mechwarriors alike that WE are STILL RECRUITING!

Anyone interested can PM me for our Teamspeak 3 information.

As always those interested in a position, my signature has the link to our Merc Corp Website.

DSA_Emy Out!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users