74 replies to this topic

#61 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostVegalas, on 19 May 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

because the hunchback 4H is definitely the best hunchback variant out there.
incredibly debatable there bub

#62 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Mountain Line is really the worst camo ever. I am a bit shocked, that they require MC to buy it.

#63 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

I own some nice Camo and have my Cents already in the Bays, so nothing for me to get at this Sale. Well maybe next Time.

Whats about some new Places for Cocpit Items? I only could change my Pices, but not build in new ones, without dropping some other ones, i dont lke that. And hey, whats about some new Collors for the Fuzzy Dyes. Couldnt be to hard to give them some other collors?

#64 karoushi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 May 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

None of us are forced to pay a dime to play this game. MWO is actually one of the few FTP games that you can play completely for free and do as well as someone who spends thousands of dollars. It just takes longer if you don't spend money, and you won't have a cool paintjob.

And that is kind of unfair, perhaps they should have a cbill price, even if it is ridiculous.

That or lower the MC price so people without 10million in the bank can actually afford to paint too.

A fair thing to do would be to offer a basic color set of all the colors for a cbill price and the rest of the unique, metalic colors can have mc price. Offering people the basic colors for say, 10mill cbills (ridiculous in my mind but would be okay just to have more paints and of course can be balanced to cost appropriately), would allow more variety and more ~ not only individual ~ but match fun is seeing other peoples unique paint jobs and not just the same 'meh' colors that we have now.

I've given this example in another post but one example is: If I could buy a black color I'd get the red and do a paintjob like my signature image, but the black is mc only. I wouldn't mind purchasing A lot of paints and even camos if they were reasonably priced or had frequent sales, the only thing that is limiting me from buying them is this arbitrary "oh you don't have enough mc/money to get them" concept that our society has.

Old Business Practice dictates making a customer out of anyone willing to use their money/goods to do business with you, regardless of how little money they have(In a reasonable fashion, obviously).
Makes me think of some kind of system where all of the mc purchasable goods had a bare minimum price and a slider where people could support more money if they wanted to or buy for the reasonable price ~ and if you notice companies/bands that do this style of marketing actually become successful if their product makes the customer happy. Just a quick thought.

In the end if they did a %50 off all colors (& camos, or either or whichever) I'd buy some and I would buy more MC to buy paints/camos because of how the system is setup where camos are individual and such.

Which is better? Setting an incredibly high price-point and expecting everyone to purchase it (and only the wealthy do, in majority) or setting a reasonable price-point and allowing everyone to purchase it (which will obviously generate more customers and more sales).

It is simple (IGP/PGI) either you want "lots of money right now" or "build a lasting empire for a long time"
Meaning: You can worry about the short term and have high prices and kind of get by or you can be reasonable to everyone and gain customer after customer and build a foundation that will last a long time instead of fizzling out like most media eventually does today.

There are games from a decade ago that still have online servers and still have players because they were developed without the sole intention being revenue and profits, but with passionate development in mind (not implying you are not.).

Ignore the bean counters and relegate them to doing your taxes and taking care of the budget like they are suppose to, they should not have any authority to make any design decisions and never should, anywhere in any company ever.

It was that 27 cent bolt vs the 48 cent one that sunk the ship, believe it.
All because the accountants wanted to save money in the short term.

#65 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostViper69, on 17 May 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Why not a sale on their Cbill value as well?

They want to encourage people to buy MC... at the end of the day that is the way they pay their staff and improve the game

#66 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'd really like to see some CBill sales. Have I ever purchased a normal (non-Hero & non-Champion) with MC? Yes. Do I regret it? Oh yes. Save that MC for purchases you're really sure of, new players - hero or not.

#67 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostVegalas, on 19 May 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

the hunchback 4H is definitely the best hunchback variant out there.

Posted Image

4SP, then 4P, then 4H. C'mon BRO!

#68 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

I picked up the 4H because, well . . . why not? It's my first Hunchback, and it's pretty fun giving larger mechs AC/20 + 5 ML facials.

#69 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

ehh standard mechs for MC is not a good deal unless they come out to cost about $1-$3 in my opinion. Between either sales or bulk MC purchases it happens but this lot of mechs just not worth it.

Hopefully next weekends sale will be better hoping for a major MC sale sometime soon.

#70 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostMutaroc, on 19 May 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

They want to encourage people to buy MC... at the end of the day that is the way they pay their staff and improve the game

No, really? People who use MC to buy mechs you can get through Cbills are probably not waiting for a sale.

#71 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostPh30nix, on 20 May 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Hopefully next weekends sale will be better hoping for a major MC sale sometime soon.

You and me both. I've put off buying my Heavy Metal and my Ilya for 3 weeks now due to no MC sales and no HM / Ilya. I will wait indefinitely LOL The sooner they have an MC sale the sooner they can have my money.

#72 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 20 May 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

4SP, then 4P, then 4H. C'mon BRO!

Clearly the 4H is the superior gun hunchie, though

#73 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostSirDubDub, on 20 May 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Clearly the 4H is the superior gun hunchie, though

Of course. 4H > 4G

#74 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostLaserAngel, on 17 May 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I'm still hoping for Double XP next weekend.

HOw about double C-Bills?

#75 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

So is it just me, or were there not that many medium battlemechs in play this weekend? I play them regularly, and there definitely wasn't a response like with the Assault challenges and sales...etc....

Kind of sad really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users