My Highlander 3D Model Revision

8 replies to this topic

#1 Oreic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

As some of you guys may remember I made a Highlander model a while back and posted it here. I've recently overhauled it and am to a point where I would like to share it again. I Actually started this revision because I plan on simplifying my model to have it printed. So i hope you guys Like it, I am very proud of it myself.

Here is the old version.
Posted Image

Here is the new version.
Posted Image

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

damn i wish the MWO highlander's arms were bigger.

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

I like that model a lot.

In game though an arm that big would be easy to pick off.

#4 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Truthfully I actually like the look of your older model over the new one, but like the cockpit glass detail in the new one.

#5 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationBehind enemy lines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

The old one looks nice, but it's really just a dressed-up David White/MW4 Highlander. Your revision has some influence from the MWO model (namely the legs and the cockpit detail) but it's very uniquely yours. Really rolled with the sunken head concept there.

#6 Oreic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yeah the original was pretty much completely inspired by the MW4 HGN. The revision is still a WIP I really really live the sunken head on the MWO HGN, makes it seem more menacing. I plan on resizing the right arm and completely redoing the ankles and make them cliser to the MWO and the original TRO art. Thanks for the feedback guys. I also want to round off more if the edges and add panel lines.

#7 SloCat

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Sent you a PM a long time ago about your first model. I love your original head!! Would love a printed 3D miniature of her! Kudos, and please keep it up.

#8 Inappropriate1191

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

I like both. Way better than that hideous piece of crap that looks very little like the awesome concept art that PGI uses in game.

#9 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Awesome work, and this is a much nicer version. Throw some war paint on that and I'll drive it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users