How About A Blacklist?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

A simple soloution that could vastly improve matchmaking. So tired of getting shot by teammates at the start of the match. Alas, if this were not so common I wouldn't use it as my example. A function to allow us to never again have to be matched with this sort of behavior by a known individual. At the present moment, when this happens I simply disconnect. I have no patience for it.

How does this in any way relate to the metagame? Instead of getting sliced in the Achilles heel by your own team, you will be able to almost 90% guarantee that your matches will be fought with people you can at least rely on to actively support the team, cbills will stack up higher for all involved. How much more difficult is it to survive a match when you are already damaged before you even see the enemy? How difficult is it to win a match when a single player drops link out of disgust for their own team? As it stands, joining a team is way too random but this one function could at least heighten the chances that your random drop isn't going to turn into a chaotic lolfest. This might actually keep players interested in playing the game around. In turn, the long term effects would allow morons to be matched with morons.

How would this work? Simple, blacklist a name and never get matched with them again. Easy! I wouldn't mind having these people on the enemy team, getting to legally shoot at them makes it all worthwhile.

Tired of getting matched with cappers who don't bother to fight but settle for the measly 40k for a win without a shot fired? Blacklist them. The wait times for matches might take longer, but to me this would be worth it, just to be able to play with people who are actually team players.

Ok, I am sure some of you are going to just tell me to join a team on TS and shaddup. This doesn't solve the issue, there is still the possibility of being matched with 4 idiots.

Once this is implemented, then the beauty of it all sinks in to those who love this game. Suddenly, serious players find their team is winning a little more because they arent getting matched with fools.

#2 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

They can't even get the MM to work correctly and now you want them to add a blacklist? lol

#3 zhajin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

much like most of the other typical mmo community features and blacklist/ignore list will come some time after launch.

#4 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

The last time I was in a game with FF it was me loading AC/20s into teammates backs to see if I could get a negative score in the tournement (answer, you can!).

I've been occassionally clipped by laser fire but as a light bolting in between teammates and enemies it's expected. I think I get teamkilled once a month by complete accident.

But let's face it, people would just blacklist people that are better than them to make for easy matches.

Haha, screw fighting x every 5-10 matches, now I'll never die again!

Edited by hammerreborn, 06 May 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#5 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostCarcass23, on 06 May 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

A function to allow us to never again have to be matched with this sort of behavior by a known individual. At the present moment, when this happens I simply disconnect. I have no patience for it.

So instead of just ignoring the individual that frustrates you, your solution is to just disconnect and become a detriment to the other 7 players on your team? ... That's a little hypocritical, don't ya think?

#6 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Based on the situation, it happens someone accidentally shoots you and says. "Sorry" which does make a diffrence. Too many times, that is not the case, If I am already down to 80% because someone on my team is a *******, this team has already suffered and it is time to move on.

#7 Cheatos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

lol who would the squawk?! kids play with then?

#8 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Well, ELO wouldn't mean a whole lot if this was implemented.

Every time you were owned by someone you considered to be skilled, you could blacklist them. You could check tournament lists and ban the whole top hundred. You could ban the top damage scorers in 50 or so matches, and VOILA!

Only-stomp-the-crap-out-of-newbies mode enabled.

#9 Fats McClure

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

I don't know, I kind of like seeing enemies/frenimies in match.Then again, i'm probably the sort of person people would like to black list. What with my Sword of +10 Bizarre (in)Justice and my Shield of +8 Anonymity.

#10 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

I think the OP mentioned that the blacklisting would involve only your own teammates, not the enemies. So, it wouldnt have anything to do with trying to avoid facing a skilled opponent.

#11 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

Too easily abused. End of discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users