If You Haven't Already, Be Thankful You Didn't Buy Into Neverwinter Online.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well, I took the gamble and bought the $60 founder's package for Neverwinter night.

1) My first fear was that it offered 600k Astral Diamond; Okay wtf is that worth? As it turns out, not much really only about 15 bucks.

2) This is a game that DID rush to Open Beta, including multiple exploits not addressed.

3) The In-game store highly over-priced, the next time you want to QQ to PGI about prices, see what PWE/Cryptic has done with this game.

4) One of the exploits I refer to is that they have a 'Foundry' for user created quests, unfortunately they never addressed a KNOWN problem in closed beta of user making maps that allowed them to reach level 60 in absolutely no time!

5) Another even more destructive exploit that was going on for days (at least, as I didn't know about it until recently) was with the Auction House and end game equipment. Dozens of people if not hundreds were exploiting a problem with the AH in which they were able to get hundreds of Million and even Billion Astral Diamonds, and then able to sell through 3rd party stores. Numerous people were able to make thousands of dollars through this exploit, which PWE didn't do much, at best a person was getting a 72 ban on a character, while still having access to Mules that they'd then take out and continue to exploit the game.

They've finally taken down the servers, but many people are screaming Bloody murder and demanding the game go through a full character wipe. The game's economy is currently in shambles and many of those that abused it got away clean, while it seems others could care less, since that made a mint in real cash.

After the train wreck that was Star Trek Online, I can't say I'm overly surprised, but still, it makes me glad that MWO is my main game home.

Sure, we still want so much for this game, but at least it isn't a total FUBAR like Neverwinter currently is, and will likely be for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Monsoon, 19 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#2 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I enjoyed Neverwinter, I didn't spend any real money on it though. MWO taught me to be cautious about spending on something that merely carries a brand name.

Anyway, servers are back online after a 7 hour rollback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users