Jump to content

Blackjack Customization Sale


14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

To celebrate the release of our newest Mech, we're throwing it a customization sale! What is included in this? Why 50% off the permanent patterns Dazzle, Urban, and Woodland.

When: Tuesday 21st of May 10am pst to Friday 24th of May 10am PST

What: 50% off the cost of Blackjack permanent patterns Dazzle, Urban, and Woodland.

So go grab some new patterns for your new Blackjack!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team



#2 Source Control

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Why not have a Blackjack sale instead?

#3 Serious Table

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostSource Control, on 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why not have a Blackjack sale instead?


Because it... just released. Why have a sale on a brand new product? Having a sale on the camo means that players are more likely to pick up their preferred camo for their new 'Mech, so as to keep their color schemes similar (if they're into that).

#4 PoLaR

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 619 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Lots of people were saying they were disappointed that the weekend sale did not include a color sale, so maybe they decided to throw it in with the BJ.

A good idea If you ask me!

#5 Seamus McKenna

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 477 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

well damn, still full price for me, been saving MC for my BJ's tigerstripes

#6 karoushi

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostSerious Table, on 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:


Because it... just released. Why have a sale on a brand new product? Having a sale on the camo means that players are more likely to pick up their preferred camo for their new 'Mech, so as to keep their color schemes similar (if they're into that).


There is old marketing practice that dictates you have deals/sales to increase hmm..more Consumer Sales, wow, what a principle.
If you've never dabbled in business practice you probably shouldn't be discussing them either.

Try business school and respond afterwords.

Anyway, As others mentioned a simply, even 20% or 30% MC sale on the BJ itself would of generated more sales.

What I imagine is happening is the accountants are taking their current pricing scheme and minusing the days of what they might consider lost income due to lower price point but I wonder if they take into account the unknown factor of dramatically increasing sales to a vastly large number of people verses however many dedicated support them with their money now. Some rough estimations/equations might be difficult to come up with due to the random variations in everything financial but the basic rule of thumb is, if you sell to more people you generate more revenue/profit ~ there are other random variables though such as advertising ~ which I do not know the number of their player base (otherwise I could probably come up with the equation) ~ but if they did a mass advertising scheme to all the gaming news websites that they are having a massive sale I'm sure it would draw in a large number of users, new and returning, to check it out. Put a 50% sale on everything for a few days, maybe a week and see what happens during this mass advertising event.

It is old school business practice that maybe the new-gen MBA might be losing sight of.

Edited by karoushi, 21 May 2013 - 12:03 PM.


#7 Xeno Phalcon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationHeard Nekobich was gone

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

yah blackjack, now get back into the meat grinder and crank out my orion (more specifically a hero vartient ;)).

*cracks whip*

Hmm I guess a whip dosnt work for piranha's ...blood in the water I guess? whats blood in the water for a dev....

*breaks out a fishing rod and baits a hook with a dollar bill*

#8 V I L I R

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postkaroushi, on 21 May 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:


There is old marketing practice that dictates you have deals/sales to increase hmm..more Consumer Sales, wow, what a principle.
If you've never dabbled in business practice you probably shouldn't be discussing them either.

Try business school and respond afterwords.

Anyway, As others mentioned a simply, even 20% or 30% MC sale on the BJ itself would of generated more sales.

What I imagine is happening is the accountants are taking their current pricing scheme and minusing the days of what they might consider lost income due to lower price point but I wonder if they take into account the unknown factor of dramatically increasing sales to a vastly large number of people verses however many dedicated support them with their money now. Some rough estimations/equations might be difficult to come up with due to the random variations in everything financial but the basic rule of thumb is, if you sell to more people you generate more revenue/profit ~ there are other random variables though such as advertising ~ which I do not know the number of their player base (otherwise I could probably come up with the equation) ~ but if they did a mass advertising scheme to all the gaming news websites that they are having a massive sale I'm sure it would draw in a large number of users, new and returning, to check it out. Put a 50% sale on everything for a few days, maybe a week and see what happens during this mass advertising event.

It is old school business practice that maybe the new-gen MBA might be losing sight of.


This is erroneous. The Blackjack is a brand new product. No company has a sale on a brand new product. That could be considered an 'old school business practice' but it's also common sense. They built up hype for the product before release and people that buy it now are willing to pay the full price. They can have a sale on it at any time and pick up the portion of the market that wants to purchase at the lower price. Do you understand how that works?

#9 Antarius

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostV I L I R, on 21 May 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:


This is erroneous. The Blackjack is a brand new product. No company has a sale on a brand new product. That could be considered an 'old school business practice' but it's also common sense. They built up hype for the product before release and people that buy it now are willing to pay the full price. They can have a sale on it at any time and pick up the portion of the market that wants to purchase at the lower price. Do you understand how that works?



... a debate about economics...

Yes you can charge the "full" price for a new product and its done most of the time, but you can also sell it for a handshake to get more costumers. One who had bought something one time in "my store" is more likely to buy an other time. Simple. (and this is made often, you can check youtube for some videos of overrun markets from cheap fireworks or cheap PCs)

What of both ways makes more sense, i cant say and i dont care, i hope both you are are happy...

#10 Damocles69

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

NO ONE CARES!!!!!! fix LRMS

#11 Tskeet

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm sure they can make money for themselves, no need to help them guys

#12 WVAnonymous

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Never launch a product with a discount. It makes it essentially impossible to return to "full price" because you have established your price point in the market. The bulk of your customers (at least those who were aware of the launch price) will wait until the "sale price" comes back.

Now, if you give the product to "influencers" you can generate demand among their peers...

Hey Bryan Eckman, I feel influential today :P

#13 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 21,199 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostPoLaR, on 21 May 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Lots of people were saying they were disappointed that the weekend sale did not include a color sale, so maybe they decided to throw it in with the BJ.

A good idea If you ask me!


Always a good idea. Btw that doesn't sound right.

I went ahead and got my first Black Jack, got all 3 sale camos, and later got my second one. Just two more to snag and then I'll start running them. :P Once I have all 4, you'll start seeing my camos, paints, and BJ designs on Lordred's Perfect Screenshot thread. Link goes to the most recent image dump I star in (as the Flamer Raven 3-L which gathered 4 kills in one of the matches.)

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.


#14 Volt Corsair

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

yah blackjack, now get back into the meat grinder and crank out my orion (more specifically a hero vartient :)).

*cracks whip*

Hmm I guess a whip dosnt work for piranha's ...blood in the water I guess? whats blood in the water for a dev....

*breaks out a fishing rod and baits a hook with a dollar bill*

Might I suggest the Visa card lure? It's very successful.

#15 JodoKaast

    Rookie

  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostAntarius, on 21 May 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

One who had bought something one time in "my store" is more likely to buy an other time. Simple. (and this is made often, you can check youtube for some videos of overrun markets from cheap fireworks or cheap PCs)


Are there other stores selling Mechs that I'm not aware of? Is there some way to trade Mechs between players that I'm not aware of?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users