86 replies to this topic

#41 Kittygrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRocking the boat.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

Q: Seeing as Artemis has an external MFD, are you guys planning on supporting external MFD's? Or is this feature going to be unique to the Artemis? If you guys are, what kind of features and capability are you planning to do with it? Will we have to just hook up a second (or third or fourth) monitor and it just display, or could we say, use an iPad or Android Tablet?

Q: Can we expect any iPhone or Android apps? Or APIs for others to create them? Im thinking along the lines of EVE Online and an app for Android called Aura that lets you keep an eye on your skill queue, market orders and other things. Would you guys make it possible to keep an eye on what planets are held and by whom, or maybe a mobile mech lab?

Q: Are you guys planning on using Steam to distribute the game (which would give you guys a TON of exposure) or distribute all on your own?

Edited by Kittygrinder, 07 June 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#42 Elikster

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostAldinvor, on 06 June 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

What's the difference between an omnimech and a battlemech in MW:O considering there seems to be so few limitations to the mechlab, that the limitations that are there may aswell not be?

There is big difference. The Clan Version omnimech have modular pod system which allows for quick swap of the weapons. Plus, it only allows for Clan version of weapons, not Inner Sphere weapons. However, IS Versions can take Clan and non-Clan weapons with some modifications, so there is some difference between both, due to Clan Version being more compact and modular, while IS version is more bulky and takes additional space compared to Clan's version.

#43 Athena Hart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHesperus II (Or Spanaway, Wa IRL)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Q: Any chance you guys will be putting in my favorite 'mech, the Hatchetman? I know you won't have melee combat at first, if at all.. but I'd still like the 'mech.

#44 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Will there be a maximum number of players in a merc unit?

Our unit currently has more than a hundred players signed up. I'd hate to get in game and find out we can't have more than two or three companies (24-36 players). Although I'd imagine that if there is a cap it will be set in the 300-500 range, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So...maximum number or players per merc corps?

#45 TheFreeman

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Q: Will you show us more gameplay videos before release?
Q: Are those all the 'Mechs that will be available on release?
Q: How many of the concept 'Mechs have already made it into the game (except of Jenner, Hunchback, Atlas, Catapult and Dragon)?
Q: Will there be (or maybe there already are?) more maps? Because in Dev Blog 5 (http://mwomercs.com/...warfare-part-i/) you've shown a screenshot of a different map.

#46 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Q1 - Will you add mechs that have only one or two variants with 3049 era technology?
Some mechs have plenty of variants but the other variants only show up much later than 3049 or they have only primitive outdated technology.
Take the Firebee for example which is a very cool mech indeed. Hint hint. Can i hope on seeing it in MW:O or not?

Q2 - This might be interpreted as not being a proper question but here goes.

In many of the previous MW games urban areas had rather large distances between each building and the total number of buildings was rather low with large open areas surrounding the urban area.
Those types of urban maps don't look realistic compared to how big cities are in real life .

I guess the real question here is- Could you give us an idea of what to expect from an urban map in MW:O?
Map sketches or maybe even a short gameplay video on an urban map. Something along those lines would be great.
The MW 5 video looks very much like a real city for example but that is MW 5 not MW:O.

#47 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Are you planning on adding all (or at least most of ) the canonical mechs to the game over the years? Or do you think there will be a point where adding new mechs just doesn't make sense for there won't be any new configs that aren't already possible? If so, will you still add mechs thereafter just for the "looks" of it?
In general, is there a tangible number of mechs you like to have in the game in the end?

#48 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Will there be the redesigns of the unsees Mechs from Project Phoenix?

#49 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

1)will you add mechs that are lower than 30 tons?

2)will there be different munitions after lanch?

3)Will more mechs be added before launch?

4)will we be able to custom paint our mechs beyond the designs given

4)will there be moe equptment announced or added? (MASC?)

5) lastly how big will the battle maps be?

#50 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostKittygrinder, on 07 June 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Q: Seeing as Artemis has an external MFD, are you guys planning on supporting external MFD's? Or is this feature going to be unique to the Artemis? If you guys are, what kind of features and capability are you planning to do with it? Will we have to just hook up a second (or third or fourth) monitor and it just display, or could we say, use an iPad or Android Tablet?

Or you could just use splashtop remote desktop to use as an extra moniter like i do. its only $5.

View PostKittygrinder, on 07 June 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Q: Can we expect any iPhone or Android apps? Or APIs for others to create them? Im thinking along the lines of EVE Online and an app for Android called Aura that lets you keep an eye on your skill queue, market orders and other things. Would you guys make it possible to keep an eye on what planets are held and by whom, or maybe a mobile mech lab?

The moble mechlab would be amazing i would pay money for that!

Edited by Blaze32, 07 June 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#51 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostElikster, on 06 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Sixthly, how many mechs can a player own in their stable? Since from what I seen in the MechLab, it look like you can have up to 4 from the looks of it. So how many can a person have in their possession, and if the mechs have to travel from one world to other to fight, would there be travel costs for it?

you can have atleast 5 mechs on the bottom it has for and and empty.
Posted Image

Edited by Blaze32, 07 June 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#52 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Q: Will their be a match lobby with a list of available matches and match settings for players to choose matches from?

Q: Will players be able to create matches and set match parameters like choosing the map, number of players per side, infinite ammo, no heat, stock Mechs only, etc. and will players have an ability to boot or vote undesirable players out of a match?

Q: Will players be able to join-in-progress, switch Mechs after a match launch, drop from a match and re-enter?

Q: Will there be infinite re-spawn timed attrition matches where the winning side is determined by the highest number of kills?

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 07 June 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#53 Raiek

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Q: In previous MechWarrior titles, one of the greatest assets available to the advanced pilot is knowledge and use of 'risky' functions, such as dumping coolant, weapons, etc. Will we see similar functionality as far as gameplay goes within the MMO variant? Could we conceivably scavenge dropped weapons/limbs from fleeing opponents, or recover our own?

#54 Jaxwen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Are jumpjet mechs "Death From Above" tactics included in the game design yet? Keyword searches and reading through the posted material, I've so far failed to find discussion on the topic. I doubt it has been overlooked so it's probably just a lack of discovery on my part.

#55 Theal Swena

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationProbably in an Atlas

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hello. If you have, say an MG gun, and you load a ton of ammo for it, and use up that ton, will you have to rebuy the ammo? Or will it replenish once the match is over?

#56 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Can u give us more information about how the aiming system works?

I.E. the delay between targeting of torso weapons and arms.

I thought it was going to be the other way round ... that arms target first?

An explanation of the mechanics involved... (I move my mouse left ... to track the target ... my left arm weapons stay close to the mouse curser ... my torso drags behind ... my right arm further behind?

#57 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

How do you plan to insert some of the personalities of the Inner Sphere (such as Victor Steiner-Davion) and Clans in the game? Will they just be mentioned in news updates, or will we actually get orders from some of these folks when we invade planets, etc for our factions? Will a member of the Live Team for the game ever drop into combat as Kai Allard-Liao, for example?

#58 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostGladewolf, on 06 June 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Q. It looks to me like the Founder's pack attaches it's lifetime EXP bonus to only the 4 mechs that seem to be designated for that role. Would you consider, or can you confirm that that bonus will be available for all starting Mechs?

As maybe a more detailed version of His Question..

Q: Have you considered making the Founder Mech Bonus attachable to ANY SINGLE Mech we chose.. Ie,... I want it on the mech I seem to play best in... SO I save that status until I figure out which mech that is.. Then I "Attach the Founders Module to that mech and it is there forever..

#59 Elgirts

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSylmar, CA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Q1: Are you planning on utilizing "Steam" at all? (Could make things easier)

Q2: Is there a chance for any iPhone/Android mechlab app?
(This way we could design and think about what we want while we are away from our PC's)

#60 Idris

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

1) Will skins you have unlocked be avalible for all mech's or will each mech have its own set of unique skins?

2) How will the Clan Invasion play out in game will it be PvE (Players as the Inner Sphere v AI/ Developers as the Clans), PVP Where Players have the chance to play as the Clan vs other players, or will we only experiance it as a backdrop?

3) It has been said that if we play enough we can get every skill in the game on one Mech Warrior. But What if we choose to only pilot 1 mech how far can we expect to get in the Skill Trees?

4) How will you limit the Commanders "Call Air Strike" skill or other skills that might let one Mech Warrior control the whole battle field from a safe hiden location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users