2 replies to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Okay played a few battles now and i must admit i'm torn between 2 mech builds, scout or lrm boat :-

WHY?

This is why,

26 matches since last patch have either been:-

1. Cap Race
2. Lrm fight

that's it, nothing else, so do i jump in my light mech and scout and cap, or do i get in my lrm boat and spam missiles, so spoilt for choice now its unreal..........

What have you done dev's?
(im sure someone will try and answer for you)

#2 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

If you give it some time, you see a lot of people go back to the PPC builds as they are still just as OP as before. Also splash damage is getting patched out next patch so the LRM damage will be less focused on center torso. Also within the next day or two most people will be running ams to counter the metagame

Edited by Soulscour, 22 May 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#3 zazz0000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, ams will be the ticket now. Lrm's got a 1.2x speed boost and a 1.28x damage boost, while ams got a very reasonable 1.75x damage boost. Use ams tactically. When salvo is heading your way, put a friend with ams between you and aggressor.

Another good tactic against lrm, straight from jet fighter combat, is beaming. Put your legs perpendicular to the missile flight path while watching them fly. Before they get to ~400m to you either stand still or go in reverse. When they get in range go full throttle forward, and start turning your legs in the direction of the aggressor, maintaining the missiles on the 3 o'clock / 9 o'clock line (your beam). With a bit of practice all the missiles hit the ground well behind you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users