#61 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

View Postmartius, on 27 July 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Narc works well if your team mates know what to do.

I run a Commando 3A (I use no ECM Commando for the simple reason that it makes sneaking up on an opponent hard- as soon people get jammed they tend to get twitchy) with both TAG and Narc and if the LRM boats cooperate this build is really an asset to the team.

A few days ago I caused the death of 5 'Mechs just by narcing them- it was beautiful to watch them going down in the rain, very well worth the risk of sneaking up to them.

In other games the Narc beacons have been ignored and it can be infuriating to watch swarms of LRMs targetting the Mechs left and right of a narced target.

I start to like Narc as it allows me to designate a target without having to keep LOS and as it causes no damage the target the opponent often only realizes what happened when the rain starts.

To summarize:
Pop out of cover, Narc, get into cover again. Do not shoot your other weapons as this will get you unwanted attention. Your mission is to help your LRM boats and those 80-100 LRMs that eain down make mich more damage than whetever your Mech might carry. Stay hidden, stay alive to Narc again.. and again.. and again.

Rewards are low (as I only do <50 damage in this game, sometimes even zero and the NARC/spotting boni are low compared to what you get for damage/kills/component destruction) but the impact on the match can be tremendous.

One thing I do with my 2D is disable my own ECM when sneaking into the enemy's rear line, and rely on never being within sight, until after I shoot. (Using a 3xSRM4 build is also very nasty for people's rear armor values).

#62 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Locking per OP request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users