18 replies to this topic

#1 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Im looking to join a Stiner unit as a Scout lance commander I will be in my Jenner. Yes thats right I wolnt be in a Assult mech but if it helps i can call it Atlas

#2 Ulrik Nygren

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Join mine. My group is The Tikonov 5th Republican. Doesn't matter if you don't get the Atlas lol.

Edited by Sehkmet, 20 June 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#3 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I don't know if you've decided yet or not, Xantars, but Sehkmet's Tikonov 5th RG is a good unit.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of the Tikonov 5th. I swear!

#4 Oshay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Québec, Terra

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

Rather than forumspam by starting a new topic, I figured I would post here that I am looking for a home in a Steiner unit, or a Steiner affiliated merc unit. The problem for me lies in the fact that I work second shift, and am awake to play usually from 1am to 6am Eastern Standard Time... which is of course, the blackest of night for most folks. Realistically my best bet would be an Aussie or New Zealand group, since they're on in the 'evening' during that time period.

I don't need to join a big group, or a group that's dedicated to whatever League or Leaguelike play will eventually spring up, though I'm certainly not averse to doing so if a late night group going for such a thing exists!

Realistically what I'm looking for is a few good men and women to lance it up with, so that I don't have to join a bunch of random games alone, and get my jump jets shot off by being a lone wolf.

#5 Ulrik Nygren

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

You are more than welcome to join my unit. The Tikonov 5th Republican Guard, at the moment has about 3 complete lances (so about 12 members). We have members from Australia, Germany, and other countries so you will most likely be able to play with someone at any time during the day.

#6 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Oshay, if you haven't joined up yet with the 5th Republican Guard, I invite you to check out the Skye Rangers. We also have 'Mechwarriors from North America, South America, Europe and even one from Australia/NZ timezone.

If interested, please click the "Enlist" tab at the top of our website...the site takes care of the rest.

Whichever unit you join with, I wish you good hunting and safe travels!

.../Salute

Edited by Arturus, 23 June 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#7 Oshay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Québec, Terra

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

I have not yet joined a unit, I was waiting to see if any other responses, such as yours, were posted to this thread. Given that launch isn't until 7 August, I did not think it necessary to 'leap before I look', as it were.

Both the Skye Rangers and Tikonov Guard look like excellent units well worth joining. I am certainly keeping an eye on both of them!

#8 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Both are good units. Whether you join either of those or another, I think you'll have fun with Steiner - we seem to be building a strong community here. See you on the field.

#9 Endust

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Skye Rangers all the way ;)

Edited by Endust, 24 June 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#10 Decimus Antarii

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAtlas Cockpit

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

I vouch for Tikonov.
Is good unit.

Edited by Decimus Antarii, 25 June 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#11 zwerchau

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Announcing the 6th Lyran Guards; and we updated the logo:

http://mwowiki.org/i...th_Lyran_Guards

#12 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

I will be joining a unit, but realyl have to wait until I start actually playing and find people who are going ot be online when I am and cool to play with.

#13 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Like the update to the Saucy Sixth's unit insignia!

Posted Image

#14 Januph

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I originally started out Steiner because that's what I played in the CCG. And wasn't Adam Steiner on the series?
Reading a bit about them there wasn't much substance.
Can anyone recommend a good site to get more "In Depth" history of Steiner or Lyran Commonwealth.
Thanks in advance.

PS Sell me.

Edited by Januph, 29 June 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#15 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

battletech wiki is a good sourse of information its updated almost every day with information that b e revised and revised again.g

#16 zwerchau

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostDocBach, on 29 June 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

Like the update to the Saucy Sixth's unit insignia!

Posted Image

Thanks! A little tattoo flash and Photoshop goes a long way!

#17 Raptor8009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 148 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tn

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Might I also suggest the Rangers

#18 gavin darkskies

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOld Connaught

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

i too am looking for a group in house steiner i will be piloting an atlas. if there is anyone needing another team member message me. thanks.

#19 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi There,

Our clan is currently recruiting for members to complete our Steiner Allied Mercenary Group.

If you’re a mature player, English speaking, have a microphone and are willing to get onto our voice comms to join our platoons and tank companies (required), then there is a place for you.

Covenant of the Phoenix is a long standing, multi-gaming community with large and active chapters in most of the top games.

Our MWO Chapter is ready to go, as we will be bringing over most of our World of Tanks Chapter, and many members have already purchased founders packages.

I invite you to take a look through our guild website to get a feel for what we have to offer.
Simply to go our website; www.cotp.info

If you like what you see, and wish to apply; input an application through our website:
Select Forums, then Public, then Recruitment, and follow the instructions were they ask you to post some backgrounder information about you and your gaming experience. http://www.covenanto...24-recruitment/

Hope to see you in our clan!

Regards,

Reelaed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users