645 replies to this topic

#621 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Has there been any artwork at all showing what this Jenner will look like? I tried following a couple of links posted a couple pages ago, but didn't see anything. If nothing has been shown yet, then I can wait until the 23rd and the patch! Still ready to add this mech to my hangar.
B)

#622 Wilburg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just came across this thread today ...

Rest in peace little Sarah.
Fare thee well, noble warrior.

I totally approve a donation project, just please don´t give it a child´s name as we are supposed to shoot it ...
Get em good!

#623 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

i now know what my next mech purchase will be

#624 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 11 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

and after this debacle there will never be a charity event again. ( I hate legal systems )

Legal systems are what keep people from setting up charities and just pocketing the money. Stop being dumb.

#625 hillwaytop

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

never been a scout, or even really a raven fan but i will certainly be purchaseing this mech when its made available. supporting ths cause in all its many forms is very crucial, kudos PGI for taking the time and steps to do so.

My deepest condolences to the family, no parent should have to bury their child.

#626 Killerwithin

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm so excited I cannot wait to buy Sarah's Mech!!

#627 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

im onboard !

#628 Scarcer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

I had a weird dream this morning that Sarah's mech was a brand new chassi with a tank lower body and a regular/hominid upper body; kinda like an Armored Core.

Weird.

Edited by Scarcer, 15 July 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#629 Corpse Grinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I will work extra overtime to buy this.

#630 Breeze

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 11 July 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

UPDATE:
We have worked through the legal and infrastructural challenges that were blocking this special charity 'Mech from becoming available. Sarah's Mech is now scheduled for arrival on the patch of the 23rd of July, 2013.

Would you mind reconfirming the dates of the patch? Russ' twitter stream earlier today suggested that the next couple of patches will be on 16 and 30 July 2013.

Would Sarah's Jenner come in one of the two scheduled patch dates, or in a extra one dated for 23 July 2013?

#631 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Can you please make her mech broken? Like, give it ALL the hardpoints or something. I think it would get more people to buy one. And hey, it's a Jenner, how bad could it break the game at this point?

While I understand that there legal issues with a fundraiser like that, I think, at some point, the game should have support for charitable sales built in. Set an example. Make it easier for us to give you our money.

#632 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the information. This is a great Idea and realisation.

How long will the "Sarah" Jenner be available for purchase and how high will the donation be for it? Also, what donation methods will be possible (if they are different to the regular MC or package purchasing options)?

I've posted the known information in our unit forums. So I just need this, so that I can update my post for the players in the Unit who do not understand English. :D

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 16 July 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#633 Angus

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAlexandria La.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

<S>I am , sorry I don't have the words.

#634 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Totally Tragic and as a father this really does hit home, RIP little one.

#635 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostViterbi, on 11 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thank you for your support.

This will be a completely separate donation system. MC may not be used to purchase Sarah's Mech. More information will come soon!

Thank you guys.

Sarah's family, I hope this helps a little, somehow.

#636 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Another unto dust.
Like is but a whim
blown on the wind
to aethers unknown

This realm just a passing
this time but a breeze
for some
but an eternity
for many

May you always be remembered
little fighter
you fought bravely
and unto the end

May you now take your leave
in the green fields
and wooded peaks
in the sparkling depths
and crystal pools
of the next world

your mortal remains
will be left to lie
your spirit
has flown
to better places yonder

RIP young one, may you always be remembered by all. BloodRose will honour you and your courage and bravery forever.
I salute you

#637 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

THANK YOU so very much for the update!!

And just to say it again, when you buy the Sarah Mech thru the special purchase mechanism, you will not get the mech immediately!! Your name goes on a list, and a back-end process runs on a schedule to add mechs to accounts.

Viterbi: do we need to have an open mech bay? Or will the Sarah Mech "come with" its own bay? Thanks again!!

#638 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostViterbi, on 17 July 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

The (tentative) plan is to begin the sale on July 23. This will be an entirely different purchasing process taking place through our website instead of the game client (no game patch required). The Mech will be added to your account after purchase, similar to how the Project Phoenix promotion's 'early-bird' Premium Time is added during scheduled maintenance*. I will do my best to keep this thread informed of any announcements.

*I don't mean to imply that Sarah's Mech will be added during scheduled maintenance necessarily, though it will be added in a similar fashion (and it's likely that it will be at these times, just don't quote me on that because it's not confirmed).

I am pretty sure I have posted my thoughts and condolences. This still saddens my heart. I am a father 2 children one of them a doughter.

I will be making my donation for this very special mech. I care not for a hero mech or champion. I would rather the proceeds go to the family.

Again my condolences. She is up there watching your mech's 6

#639 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Condolences to the family. We lost my father-in-law to brain cancer. It is terrible when loved ones are taken from us too soon, even more tragic to lose a child. Especially one so young.

This is a great thing you are doing in her memory and I look forward to lending my support.

#640 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostViterbi, on 11 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thank you for your support. This will be a completely separate donation system. MC may not be used to purchase Sarah's Mech. More information will come soon!

View PostViterbi, on 17 July 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

The (tentative) plan is to begin the sale on July 23. This will be an entirely different purchasing process taking place through our website instead of the game client (no game patch required). The Mech will be added to your account after purchase, similar to how the Project Phoenix promotion's 'early-bird' Premium Time is added during scheduled maintenance*. I will do my best to keep this thread informed of any announcements. *I don't mean to imply that Sarah's Mech will be added during scheduled maintenance necessarily, though it will be added in a similar fashion (and it's likely that it will be at these times, just don't quote me on that because it's not confirmed).

Viterbi: Little disappointed on the no MC thing, but do you have a tentative price range yet?
Really think this is a great cause. :huh:

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 18 July 2013 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users