Sarah Hero Mech And Cancer Research Fundraiser

585 replies to this topic

Poll: Sarah's Jenner (1597 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy Sarah's Jenner?

1. Yes (1458 votes [91.47%])

Percentage of vote: 91.47%

2. There is no other option (136 votes [8.53%])

Percentage of vote: 8.53%

Vote

#561 Stendal Borge

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

I have yet to play this game, but I have purchased this 'Mech in honor of a brave little girl and to those that suffer everyday from cancer.

#562 desan476

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationunderground

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

it would be kinda difficult and shameful to shoot theese little jenners... but very nice gesture from PGI and community anyway!

#563 Delchev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 24 July 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Thank you so much PGI for doing this.

I just bought mine. I happily sold another mech to make space in my mechbay.

I would have gladly paid 3x the price for the cause.

This mech comes with it's own mechbay (cannot be used for other mechs though).You didn't have to sell anything.

#564 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Great job PGI. Everyone knows, or will know someone affected by cancer. Hope lots of people support this drive.

#565 FCMatt

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Just killed my first Sarah's jenner in a pub match. Was kinda fun cause it was the only kill of a mech from my team ;)

Well, like 90% sure. The camo looked exactly like it should.

Edited by FCMatt, 26 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#566 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Was it a conquest match on frozen city night? And did they stop moving to let you shoot them?

#567 Dragonkindred

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Looks like we are going to top USD60000. ;)

Lets hope we crack USD80000 by the end of the weekend. :P

Well done all.

#568 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

We have been noticed:

http://www.cnn.com/2...ner/?hpt=hp_bn5

#569 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm glad, I bought one.

Edited by Dart Nimrod, 29 July 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#570 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

$86K and rising. I am proud of the community's support for this initiative.

#571 Wootus

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Just have to say, this is an amazing idea and it's so awesome that something like this was done not just for Sarah but for the fight against cancer in general.

Lost my father to cancer and my mother is a survivor.

Bought mine the second I found out about it. Well done to all who made this happen.

#572 Mostly Rock V13

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

I would. I really would. But I don't like Jenners. I'm *NOT* saying that Jenners don't PWN, I'm saying that I don't pilot them well, so it would be a waste of a Mech. If they make a "Sarah's Mech" as a Hunchback, or a Centurion variant I would buy it without hesitation, and use it too!

#573 BillHones

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

i donated to charity. pgi is giving me a mech.

#574 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostMostly Rock V13, on 03 August 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I would. I really would. But I don't like Jenners. I'm *NOT* saying that Jenners don't PWN, I'm saying that I don't pilot them well, so it would be a waste of a Mech. If they make a "Sarah's Mech" as a Hunchback, or a Centurion variant I would buy it without hesitation, and use it too!

Yeah, don't think if it as buying a Jenner. Think of it as dontating $10 to fight cancer and getting a free gift in return. If you're only in it for the mech, then just buy the mech you like. But if you're in it to prevent any more children like Sarah being taken before their time, or to keep families like John from having to go through the terrible suffering of losing a child, then it shouldn't matter if you'll use the mech or not.

I personally hate lights and jenners in particular, but I bought one. I've run it a couple of times, but for the most part it just sits in my mechbay to remind me to always try to do good in this world.

#575 Emetivore

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way, but this is a terrible idea.

Mechwarrior has exactly nothing to do with little girls or cancer or rainbows. This is kind of like running a "Prevent Credit Card Identity Theft" promotion in Skyrim where there are no credit cards and no banks. It's completely thematically inappropriate. I suspect the folks that licensed you the Mechwarrior IP maybe said "Ooh, maybe we shouldn't have done that" over this one.

Edited by Emetivore, 05 August 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#576 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

I bought it.

May she rest in peace.

#577 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostEmetivore, on 05 August 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Mechwarrior has exactly nothing to do with little girls or cancer or rainbows. This is kind of like running a "Prevent Credit Card Identity Theft" promotion in Skyrim where there are no credit cards and no banks. It's completely thematically inappropriate. I suspect the folks that licensed you the Mechwarrior IP maybe said "Ooh, maybe we shouldn't have done that" over this one.

Money isn't everything if so why couldn't Sarah buy her life back and be with her family or why couldn't her parents buy her back into this world? How is this inappropriate? Some people is just heartless. Perhaps if your child dies to cancer you would think beyond your bank account.

#578 Emetivore

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostZarla, on 06 August 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

Money isn't everything if so why couldn't Sarah buy her life back and be with her family or why couldn't her parents buy her back into this world? How is this inappropriate? Some people is just heartless. Perhaps if your child dies to cancer you would think beyond your bank account.

... What? I didn't mention money at all. I said it was inappropriate because mech has NOTHING to do with little girls, cancer or rainbows. Did you know that 708 people die every hour of cancer worldwide?

#579 Wootus

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostEmetivore, on 05 August 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Let me explain. The little girl played MechWarrior and loved the Jenner. It gave her some extra enjoyment out of life before she died from a horrible, slow disease. PGI is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts (They don't keep any of the money.) The money goes to fund CANCER RESEARCH so that it might be possible for other little girls or boys or men or women or anyone with cancer in the future to recover and maybe even prevent people from getting it at all.

Is that ok with you?

#580 MasterC

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Creating a special mech named in Sarah's honour with the proceeds going to Cancer research was a really good idea. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like dr cyanide first mentioned the idea. Thanks dr and thank you PGI for actually doing this. It was a very decent and good thing that you have done.

As of today, August 8th, over $97,000 has been raised for cancer research. It would be awesome if we could get that number over $100K!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users