Incoming Hot Fix - 24/05/2013 (Updated!)

436 replies to this topic

#121 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostTexAss, on 24 May 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

total bullcrap.
They still are faster, have more range, are much tighter grouped, have a better arc and have 25% more damage than before.

It hasn't to core an awesome in two volleys to be "usefull".

you haven't played the current meta have you.

#122 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

I trust that PGI will do what they see as best.. and they're pretty good at that as far as I'm concerned. As we get closer to launch I'm enjoying them 'tightening everything up.

#123 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostAcid Phase, on 24 May 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

:D And it wasn't before? Wait, you're telling me SRMs were homed missiles?

Maybe we are misunderstanding each other...

You said, "Why is there a spread on SRM's?"

I said, "Because they are dumbfire."

Not sure where I even implied they were homed, before or now.

#124 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

I hope all of you whiners are happy. Now LRM's are once again useless and pop tarts can ruin this game again. Should've upped the missile damage at least to compensate for the removal of splash.

Dude...the hotfix isn't even out yet...don't look now but your "I don't want balance I want MY favorite weapon to be favored" sign is showing...

#125 Ras187

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostHaniwa, on 23 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

so my bet is, youre going to nerf missles to uselessness again.
Although the flight path was a little bit to good, it didnt felt overpowererd much. I didnt die once to LRM only in the past 100 games.

U must be running a emc model, Or maybe u just have tunnel vision, lol

Ohh Ya BTW, Do any of u remember how it was Brawling it out, Now That was GOOD times,

ohh ya, and remember in the intro they say This game is a matter of skill and how mutch u play the game, LRMS kind of negates that when all u need is to get a Lock ,,,,

EVERYBODY. stop the tunnel vision and look outside u own cockpits for a sec....

Jebus Guys!

Edited by Ras187, 24 May 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#126 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostTexAss, on 24 May 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

they did

they upped damage, speed, range, tightness and arc (yes arc will still be better than before)

They upped the damage in Tuesday's patch but this hot fix is just a huge nerf. Damage from 0.9 to 1.0 would've been called for.

EDIT: What do you mean they upped the range? Still 1000 meters as far as I can tell. So PPC boats can kill the LRM boats from afar.

View PostDeaconW, on 24 May 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

don't look now but your "I don't want balance I want MY favorite weapon to be favored" sign is showing...

I have no favourite weapons, really and most certainly not LRM's. I think the most I've ever had in any mech is 30 missiles and even that is rare for me. So you cannot accuse me of boating. Even in the last days when everyone was driving LRM boats I mainly used mechs without missiles since I don't wanna do what every bloody sheep is doing.

Edited by arghmace, 24 May 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#127 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

I hope all of you whiners are happy. Now LRM's are once again useless and pop tarts can ruin this game again. Should've upped the missile damage at least to compensate for the removal of splash.

Normally I would agree with you, but LRMs were legitimately broken. Currently, you can hug a solid building, or rock and still get cored through the cover in one or two volleys.

#128 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Oh well, I suppose the LRM's are somewhat usable even after this. Most certainly more usable than the SRM's that suffered a further nerf in the last patch. Could we please hot fix the SRM's to be worth something? Right now long range builds have little to fear since the main short range weapon is useless. Even in a brawl PPC is better that SRM's.

Edited by arghmace, 24 May 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#129 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

They upped the damage in Tuesday's patch but this hot fix is just a huge nerf.

Again...the hotfix isn't even out yet so you have no basis for knowing.

I have no favourite weapons, really and most certainly not LRM's. I think the most I've ever had in any mech is 30 missiles and even that is rare for me. So you cannot accuse me of boating. Even in the last days when everyone was driving LRM boats I mainly used mechs without missiles since I don't wanna do what every bloody sheep is doing.

OK. Well, I admit to having weapons I like better than others...but I also want every weapon in the game to have a role so there is variety and balance. Let's see what the hotfix does...then you can gripe all you want ( and who knows, I may join you!).

#130 pow pow

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

nooooooo..... I was enjoying playing mwtactics while waiting for a lrm fix...

#131 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostDeaconW, on 24 May 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Again...the hotfix isn't even out yet so you have no basis for knowing.

The hotfix details are in the first post.

#132 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostDeaconW, on 24 May 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Maybe we are misunderstanding each other...

You said, "Why is there a spread on SRM's?"

I said, "Because they are dumbfire."

Not sure where I even implied they were homed, before or now.

Well did you notice the spread of SRMs now compared to pre-patch? The spread is massively wide. It's like shooting LBXs to a target that is far away. An SRM6 lands at least 2 out of the six missiles shot in close range. Renders the mech using that weapon useless.

#133 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostAcid Phase, on 24 May 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Well did you notice the spread of SRMs now compared to pre-patch? The spread is massively wide. It's like shooting LBXs to a target that is far away. An SRM6 lands at least 2 out of the six missiles shot in close range. Renders the mech using that weapon useless.

Yep. I think with the current spread and still no HSR the SRM's should do 2.5 dmg. Then after HSR is implemented make the damage 2.0. Current 1.5 is ridiculously low for a weapon with lag issues and enormous spread even with Artemis. I liked the previous spread mechanics a lot more especially since the spread was different for SRM2, SRM4 and SRM6. The smaller the weapon, the more accurate. Now there's no reason whatsoever to use SRM2.

#134 CaptGensman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 572 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

THX

#135 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Maybe they will buff the dmg a bit. But i tabletop (and every other weapon does tabletop dmg value) lrms do 1 point each. So maybe that is trying to balance out the lrm 80 stalkers ..
Why dont u actually try it vs just assuming they will be useless.

#136 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

The hotfix details are in the first post.

Why dont you play it before you start to try and make an argument. You do not even have any sort of argument to back up your opininion. If you try it and think it still sucks is one thing. Right now you remind me of my 4 year old saying something she has never tried is yucky.

Edited by Rhinehardt Ritter, 24 May 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#137 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

#138 Zany

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for this hotfix PGI.

For the record, I never had a problem with the speed and damage increase of LRMs. It was always the angle and the splash damage. Exactly what is being fixed, promptly and accurately.

Oh, and anyone complaining about this hotfix and thinks LRMs will go back to being useless just isn't being objective. The last few days it has taken NO SKILL WHATSOEVER to rack up rediculous amounts of damage/kills with LRMs.

#139 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

The trajectory and splash damage fix is great. Not changing the individual damage is going to spell disaster for both LRMs and SRMs. Streaks as well but most people seem to hate them with passion...

Both LRMs and SRMs are doing barely enough damage in their current state, buffed by splash bug. Remove that and we will end up with paintball throwers.

SRMs are horrible now, thanks to their new ***** flight path. There is absolutely NO DAMN REASON for a dumb fire missile to execute fancy spread-out-and-keep-formation maneuvers. Splash damage bug kept them somewhat usable by compensating their crazy spread with at least somewhat centered damage.

LRMs are pain because they are hard to avoid, they can reach everywhere and every salvo gets Artemis buff 100% of the time, direct or indirect. Fix the path, fix the artemis bug, fix the splash damage and leave the damage at 0.9/missile and you are going to need 3t+ of ammo to actually kill something like a medium mech.

Edited by Kitane, 24 May 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#140 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostRhinehardt Ritter, on 24 May 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Why dont you play it before you start to try and make an argument.

If the hot fix goes as said in the first post, then all we get is nerfs without any buffs to balance it. Since I felt that the LRM's have been balanced in the last few days, simple logic says that after nerf they won't be as balanced. No need to test it.

I do agree with everyone that the arc was too steep and splash to CT was bad. But this effectively balanced out the fact that their base damage was still too low and their homing capabilities too poor (still hitting moving mechs in their heels). So changing them was needed, true, but the nerfs should've been balanced out by buffs to keep them in line.

But as said before, this is a minor issue compared to the now completely useless SRM's. Best focus on their balancing next.

Edited by arghmace, 24 May 2013 - 07:22 AM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users