Incoming Hot Fix - 24/05/2013 (Updated!)

436 replies to this topic

#301 TOGSolid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Also, LRMs do not balance poptarts. Low skill pilots will ALWAYS flock to the easiest to do tactic because they lack the ability to do anything except that. The only thing a resurgence in poptarts indicates is that LRMs aren't easy mode anymore.

View PostOmni 13, on 24 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

stop running towards/looking at the missiles then, I've had 4 games since patch wen't live and I've blow off arms and legs you must be doing something wrong.

You didn't even read my post did you? You saw someone pointing out an issue with LRMs and just assumed I was a whiner being killed by them.

Edited by TOGSolid, 24 May 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#302 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 24 May 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

You don't know what your talking about and it shows. LRM's splash hits the CT. If you don't know that then you are either trolling or just ignorant of the reality of the situation.

I've played over 5000 games since open beta. I know what I'm talking about.

#303 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Paul, I am going to have to ask that you do the right thing and finally just remove splash damage from the game.

I have played maybe 10 games since the hotfix and twice I have been cored by Streaks and LRMs in my Blackjack. It's not as bad as it was before the hotfix, but the mechanic is still not being implemented properly. You need to move the targeted locations further away from the center torso, or really, just flat-out remove splash damage. It is broken, has been broken, and you have shown that you cannot fix it. Please, just stop this nonsense and do the right thing.

Edit: Just cored by two Streak Cats while in an Atlas. Once again, Paul, it's broken and you can't fix it. Time to remove splash damage.

Edited by BlueSanta, 24 May 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#304 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

stop running towards/looking at the missiles then, I've had 4 games since patch wen't live and I've blow off arms and legs you must be doing something wrong.

He said in the Testing Grounds. We know what he's doing wrong.

#305 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

He said in the Testing Grounds. We know what he's doing wrong.

I'll do it in a live match as well. I bet that I still primarily do CT damage.

Edited by TOGSolid, 24 May 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#306 Panzertoeter

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Jep, now LRMs are really near to worthless. I also preferred them before the 21st May patch. Some tactics were needed to get a good amount of damage on an enemy - but now, with the buff, the nerf today and the AMS buff they really are bs, sry to say. Now i do half to 2/3 of the damage before the May 21st patch. Well, why don'T you just take the LRMs out of the game and the whining will finally stop.

#307 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 24 May 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Also, LRMs do not balance poptarts. Low skill pilots will ALWAYS flock to the easiest to do tactic because they lack the ability to do anything except that. The only thing a resurgence in poptarts indicates is that LRMs aren't easy mode anymore.

You didn't even read my post did you? You saw someone pointing out an issue with LRMs and just assumed I was a whiner being killed by them.

you said that you where getting cored all the time, While running my dual LRM 15 catapult the only times I've cored people are if they're running directly away from me or towards me, ergo you must be staring at the LRMs or running away from them. Also your logic on your first comment is flawed in that it is mostly based on assumption

View PostBlueSanta, on 24 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Paul, I am going to have to ask that you do the right thing and finally just remove splash damage from the game.

I have played maybe 10 games since the hotfix and twice I have been cored by Streaks and LRMs in my Blackjack. It's not as bad as it was before the hotfix, but the mechanic is still not being implemented properly. You need to move the targeted locations further away from the center torso, or really, just flat-out remove splash damage. It is broken, has been broken, and you have shown that you cannot fix it. Please, just stop this nonsense and do the right thing.

you're in a lightly armored medium of course you're going to die if you get hit

View PostThontor, on 24 May 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

my first game of the day, figured i'd try LRMs for the first time since before the May 21 patch.... they felt just right IMO. Definitely more effective than the last time I used my LRM Trenchbucket

Spoiler

I don't recall saying they were "perfectly fine"
in fact, IIRC, i called for them to have a faster velocity, among other things.

i do recall arguing that they were not useless though, despite popular opinion. I had fun with them and had quite a few successful games.

doing 600dmg does not make a weapon OP I don't see what you're trying to point out here.

#308 Panzertoeter

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Jep, they were OP the last few days, but they were ok before 21st. All those LRM concening changes the last days where unnecessary in my opinion. A small travel Speed increase wold have been enough. No AMS tweak, no damage twaek etc.Get us some new game modes and not always those unnecessary game mechnics tweaks.

#309 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

you said that you where getting cored all the time, While running my dual LRM 15 catapult the only times I've cored people are if they're running directly away from me or towards me, ergo you must be staring at the LRMs or running away from them. Also your logic on your first comment is flawed in that it is mostly based on assumption

No I didn't. I said I was on the testing grounds shooting LRMs at things. You may want to go back to grade school and take some reading classes.

Also your logic on your first comment is flawed in that it is mostly based on assumption

Over twenty years of gaming experience and observation is not an assumption. It's human nature to flock to the easiest tactic to get kills with based on your skill level.

As promised I am now running live matches in an LRM A1. Guess what, I'm still primarily doing CT damage.

Edited by TOGSolid, 24 May 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#310 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

LRM flight path has had it's drop point moved back along the path by 23% when using indirect firing. Splash damage drastically reduced. Damage per missile and all other aspects have not been changed.

The flight path change makes it so that when you have indirect firing capabilities, the missiles don't come down at 80'ish degrees. They now come down between 60-70 degrees allowing you to take cover much easier. Stay out in the open and you're still going to feel the pain.

Posted Image

#311 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 24 May 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Over twenty years of gaming experience and observation is not an assumption. It's human nature to flock to the easiest tactic to get kills with based on your skill level.

As promised I am now running live matches in an LRM A1. Guess what, I'm still primarily doing CT damage.
If you're going to argue with someone over the internet I'd suggest refraining from insults it only undermines your point, and you assumed that in the few days LRMs where buffed that everyone used them because they where easier when it's equally as possible that people wanted to try the new changes. (Which happens every damned patch)

#312 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Rabble rabble rabble!! :)

Splash damage was reduced from 1.8m to 0.05m. That's 180cm to 5cm.

CT is taking more damage than the rest of your components why? Because the CT is the largest part of a BattleMech. It's going to take the most hits out of a volley of missiles. The missiles are not told to target any part of a Mech, they're told to get into position and follow that path from start to finish. If your target turns their torso 90 degrees from incoming missiles, they're going to lose an arm before they get cored.

#313 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

If you're going to argue with someone over the internet I'd suggest refraining from insults it only undermines your point, and you assumed that in the few days LRMs where buffed that everyone used them because they where easier when it's equally as possible that people wanted to try the new changes. (Which happens every damned patch)

Then how come people immediately dumped LRMs the minute they saw that they weren't as powerful and ran back to poptarding? Wouldn't they want to "try the new changes?"

When someone is told they misread something and then misreads it again and keeps on trying to argue based on that, then yeah, I'm gonna get a little grumpy. Derp happens but stubborn, insistent derp will receive an appropriately insulting response because at that point, being polite is just not going to work with people that refuse to listen. The only way guys like that ever pay attention is when you rattle their cage.

Edited by TOGSolid, 24 May 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#314 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

thanks have a good weekend

#315 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

CT is taking more damage than the rest of your components why? Because the CT is the largest part of a BattleMech. It's going to take the most hits out of a volley of missiles. The missiles are not told to target any part of a Mech, they're told to get into position and follow that path from start to finish. If your target turns their torso 90 degrees from incoming missiles, they're going to lose an arm before they get cored.

Why was damage per missile not adjusted to compensate? As I said previously, 0.7 with 180cm splash is much more effective than 0.9 with 5cm splash.(Altho I dind't have the exact numbers) Doesn't this actually equate to a nerf? Were missiles not useless enough before?

Edited by Dude42, 24 May 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#316 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 24 May 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Then how come people immediately dumped LRMs the minute they saw that they weren't as powerful and ran back to poptarding? Wouldn't they want to "try the new changes?"

When someone is told they misread something and then misreads it again and keeps on trying to argue based on that, then yeah, I'm gonna get a little grumpy. Derp happens but stubborn, insistent derp will receive an appropriately insulting response because at that point, being polite is just not going to work with people that refuse to listen. The only way guys like that ever pay attention is when you rattle their cage.

LRMs don't work in the current meta anymore which is biggest alpha and or poptart wins

#317 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

LRMs don't work in the current meta anymore which is biggest alpha and or poptart wins

Then why were we experiencing LRMageddon before this hotfix? Your logic is not adding up.

#318 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I Told Them They Weren't Targetting The CT But NOOOO Omni You're Just Crazy :(

#319 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 24 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Then why were we experiencing LRMageddon before this hotfix? Your logic is not adding up.

QFT

#320 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 24 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

because before the hotfix they could (with some mild teamwork) counter part of the Meta (poptarts and giant pin point alphas) thus making them usefull. Also it takes a week or two for the "new Flavor" to not be so new anymore and things "generally" quiet back down.

Edited by Omni 13, 24 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users