#121 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostCyttorak, on 12 November 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

I think the devs already weighed in on some sorts of physical combat: physical damage attacks will be taken care of by the physics engine of the game. So no hatchet attacks, no punches or kicks as they would all require specialized animations/mechanics for the mechs...charging however, is still on the table!

Or Death-from-above (jumping to the head of the enemy mech using jump jets).

#122 wolf on the tide

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationnext to the keyboard

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

just a thought, but i think it would be nice if say, you started on a small medium (working up the medium line) with the option to branch out to both light line and heavy line( possibly with light taking less XP to get there )... from the heavy line you could branch out to assault mechs.

this would save it being a straight grind from A to B, and let people develop their own individual playstyles while still giving them an oppertunity to try the other mech class lines to see what suits them.

within the canon iirc, mediums are most preveliant, then lights, heavys , and assault mechs being the most rare (or something along those lines)

#123 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostHodo, on 12 November 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

This is great until you run into infantry. Then you will wish for a machine gun.

Hm... No. Not really. I *never* wish for a machine gun.
If anything I'd swap the twin SL for a single Flamer, which is as nasty as twin MGs without the ammo-bomb waiting to blow your 'mech to bits.

Also, Spider moving at max speed on the charge equals something like 80 damage.

Close, its 33 damage. 1/10th 'Mech tonnage multiplied by speed.
The Spider weighs 30 tons, and has a maximum run MP of 12 (takes 1 MP to enter enemy's hex), so 3×11=33.
Or, with sprinting allowed: 3×15=45.
And only 9 damage on a DFA.

#124 Omar Thirds

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Running fast for the pure joy of moving fast? Trolling players with a slow torso turn rate? I know I'll play one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users