142 replies to this topic

#41 Alexander Leandros

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCLASSIFIED

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I haven't been using LRMs, but I have been hit with them in my highlander, there is no noticable change to how they operated before the "hotfix" my CT still gets cored out in one to two volleys of 2xLRM15 while I agree 60 LRMs should leave my mech a little beat up I don't understand how my other components are only yellow and my CT is gone... in fact I was hit by a single LRM20 and it did 10% to my overall armor. I have 544 armor on my highlander, which means that one LRM20 did 54.4 damage to my mech, and all of that seemed to be focused on my CT, Missles would be fine if they didn't have splash damage, thats the fix, not hard to figure out.

#42 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

AMS Much?

#43 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostRoland, on 24 May 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Sure, but still, he fired 120 freaking missiles at the mech.

If the guy wasn't behind cover, then I would expect that mech (a 45 ton medium) to be absolutely ruined, if not dead, after eating 120 LRM's, even if they spread damage around.

Ok, this is a valid point then, if it wasn't spreading damage around. I thought you were suggesting that 4 volleys of 2 artemised LRM15's shouldn't kill a medium chassis (I think it definitely should).

So a typical medium mech has what ... 150 points of front armor on it (before the doubling) ... if you include arms / legs as valid frontal targets. 120 LRM's rarely hit 100% of the time even under great situations. I could see the armor being stripped and on internals but that mech should generally still be functional to some degree unless of course 95% of LRM damage falls onto the CT.

#44 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

If a picture is worth a thousand words, whats video worth.

http://youtu.be/41ViTDrHChM

Video clearly shows an atlas cored all while the torso, cockpit, arms and all had remaining armor. The damage is concentrated directly in the CT.

#45 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

LRM's are the new easy mode. I started using them two days ago to get in on the fun. I now only die 1/4 matches and am getting 1 to 3 kills a match. I even gave up my pop tart for the time being.

#46 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostMonky, on 24 May 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Cored 1 BJ with 2x LRM15 + artemis, little damage to any other section - 4 volleys

Second BJ cored with 4x Streak2, same situation. These where in live and in the same game post patch. - about 10 volleys

Pathing does seem better on LRM.

PGI, just remove the splash and have missiles lock on to individual sections of the mech rather than 'center of mass'. It's the only fix. Just do it.

got hit by 4 volley and no cover can be found nearby?review play style B)

#47 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

LOL, the only competent programmers at PGI work in the art and map department. Get used to it, or begin sending demands to them, as a paying customer.

#48 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

View PostMuFasa, on 24 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Video clearly shows an atlas cored all while the torso, cockpit, arms and all had remaining armor. The damage is concentrated directly in the CT.

That is one heIl of a hotfix they did there. Think I'm going to go figure out how to fit another LRM 15 onto my mech. B)

#49 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

If someone is out in the open, and the LRM user has Artemis and potentially TAG with line of sight...why wouldn't most of the missiles hit CT?

I'm a bit confused.

Just to clarify. If I'm shooting with a PPC, and I have a target out in the open, most of my shots are going to go straight into his torso. Especially if he's paying no attention to me.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 24 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#50 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 24 May 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

If someone is out in the open, and the LRM user has Artemis and potentially TAG with line of sight...why wouldn't most of the missiles hit CT?

I'm a bit confused.

Exactly. How many shots does OP think it would take to core that BJ out with a poptart? How much damage does he think would be done to the other armor? I can tell you, it'd be cored in 1 shot, with 0 damage to all other armor. OP probably thinks Point-Click-Win-Poptart4Lyfe takes skill.

#51 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Exactly. How many shots does OP think it would take to core that BJ out with a poptart? How much damage does he think would be done to the other armor? I can tell you, it'd be cored in 1 shot, with 0 damage to all other armor. OP probably thinks Point-Click-Win-Poptart4Lyfe takes skill.

I don't know about all this.

I'm just saying, if LRM's are balanced against other weapons. When someone is standing in the open and not actively trying to fight/avoid you. If you fire 4 volley's of Dual LRM 15's into him, yes, most of that damage should go torso if the person is spending the extra tonnage for this like Artemis and TAG.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 24 May 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#52 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'm a bit confused.

Just to clarify. If I'm shooting with a PPC, and I have a target out in the open, most of my shots are going to go straight into his torso. Especially if he's paying no attention to me.

The difference is you can torso twist to not take like 90% of the damage on the CT every time you get hit. With lrms you can show your back and still get almost all damage done to CT.

#53 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 24 May 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

The difference is you can torso twist to not take like 90% of the damage on the CT every time you get hit. With lrms you can show your back and still get almost all damage done to CT.

Did you read what I said? If a person is ignoring you, not actively fighting you. You should be able to put PPC's into his center torso at will.

If a person is actively fighting you, based on a lot of posts I'm reading here, there is spread occurring.

To reiterate, Monky's post specifically says that the Blackjack was not fighting the LRM mech and was engaged with other mechs.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 24 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#54 Reith Dynamis

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

"Video clearly shows an atlas cored all while the torso, cockpit, arms and all had remaining armor. The damage is concentrated directly in the CT."

Ok your an *****, you have Artemis don't u? cant tell from poor quility, and secondly you have line of sight. mech isn't moving. this is not proof, Artemis is supposed to have the volleys hit mechs in the central area. Fail is Fail

Edited by Reith Dynamis, 24 May 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#55 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm a bit confused.

Ok the video is a bit.. well, it's crap. One day when I grow up, I will learn both how to embed the danged thing here and upload at a decent resolution.

But, Im over 750m away, with a line of sight and yes I do have Artemis fitted. You can SEE damage hitting the entire mech. The atlas' side torso's show damage, the arms and yes even the legs show damage. Missiles have a spread as do other weapons. The ISSUE is that you can also in the video clearly see that a disproportionate amount of damage is done to the CT. The same issue of the splash damage in the last LRM fiasco is still in effect. Splash is giving a hugely disproportionate amount of damage to the center torso vs all the other area'*****. That was one of the things the HOTFIX was SUPPOSED to fix. It obviously ISN'T working.

#56 GODzillaGSPB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostMuFasa, on 24 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

From my comment at YT:

Wtf? After the first salvo I thought "looks okay". Armor was yellow. The next ripped the armor away (on an atlas...so this probably destroyed armor worth 60 points or more) and almost cored the CT (must've been another 30 internal points on top of the 60 from before).

This is totally unreasonable! -.-

Plus you can clear see the outer parts of the mechs flash, but not the internals, yet he gets cored in the last salvo. This means the missiles did not hit the CT, yet splash damage did the rest.

#57 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 24 May 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Did you read what I said? If a person is ignoring you, not actively fighting you. You should be able to put PPC's into his center torso at will.

If a person is actively fighting you, based on a lot of posts I'm reading here, there is spread occurring.

To reiterate, Monky's post specifically says that the Blackjack was not fighting the LRM mech and was engaged with other mechs.

The whole missile incoming kinda makes you aware of someone targetting you doesn't it? And when you know you're targeted you should be able to torso twist to defend it.

#58 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Pre-hotfix and pre-patch I could core any non-moving mech hitting only CT.

That is not new to this patch.

So were LRM's overpowered before the patch as well?

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 24 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#59 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

View PostRoland, on 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Wait... so you fired FOUR volleys of 2 LRM 15's at a 45 ton mech, and cored it out.
Is there something wrong with that? You hit it with 120 LRM's. A 45 ton mech is supposed to die if you hit it with such a huge number of missiles.

Likewise, you fired 10 volleys of 8 streaks at a 45 ton mech and cored it out... That's 80 SRM's, dude. That's supposed to kill something.

If you could hit a medium mech with 120 LRM's and NOT kill it, then that would mean LRM's could essentially be ignored. Same with streaks.

This

#60 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 24 May 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

The whole missile incoming kinda makes you aware of someone targetting you doesn't it? And when you know you're targeted you should be able to torso twist to defend it.

I'm saying, we don't know that that happened. From Monky's example, the LRM mech was ignored.

If you read the other examples here, if people are paying attention to the LRM's the damage is spreading. With a larger portion of the damage going CT.

How is that any different than using a PPC?

If I fire at someone 5 times with my PPC, and 2 shots go RT/LT and 3 shots go CT. That's the same thing.

And don't say it's harder to use a PPC. It's clearly not.

Also I'm assuming these mechs have no ECM, and no AMS (Everyone should at least have AMS now).

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users