Why in gods name is this game not being released on the 360?!

63 replies to this topic

#1 xLegionx5

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow I've been a really big fan of the mechwarrior franchise since I was little. I really enjoyed playing Mechassault on my old xbox and now I see that Mechwarrior online, which looks bloody amazing, is not coming on 360. Why is that?!?!

#2 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Not sure if serious or just new.

#3 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

because Xbox sucks?

#4 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

PC better reflects the play style?

I know consoles were considered though

#5 TheFreeman

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Good luck playing a simulator with a Xbox 360 gamepad... :)

#6 Antaumus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Xbox360 has the processing power of a modern phone. Costs allot of money and time to make a console title as microsoft/sony make you jump through hoops and pay them royalties. Consoles are evil and the bane of gaming. They also suck.

#7 oohawkoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

=.= why the hell would you wanna play it on a xbox ~~ they suck!!!

#8 Falcrist

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHagen /Germany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Because graphics on Xbox suck

#9 Ancalagon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss at the edge of Terra

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Because I know that every single Mechwarrior game I've ever played has used up over half of my keys of my keyboard. How many buttons does a controller have?

I'll just give you a little hint: It's not enough, and if they stripped down the controls till it actually worked on an Xbox controller, it would mean dumbing down the game. We don't need any more stripped down games due to limitations of a console.

#10 Striker1980

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, no where, somewhere, generally the utility room in my house in the UK.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

The original Mechwarrior 5 considered it for sales reasons I believe, however it was dropped as it was too expensive and they couldn't find a developer to help them develop it, and to be honest I tried MechAssault 1 & 2 and they are pretty poor compared to PC versions of the game.

I don't know if it's just poor design but most console games these days just feel like a walk down a restrictive path with no way over the fence.

Mechwarrior is best on sprawling battlefields with lots of cover and no silly restrictions on being able to go off the path.

In conclusion, this is a PC MMO/Sim it really wouldn't work to well on a console, Mechwarrior 5, if they got the funding, however I don't know, I'd hope it'd stick to the mechwarrior 2/3 formula, not the Mechassault canyon run format.

Edited by Striker1980, 07 June 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#11 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

How many reasons do you want?
Simulation games are not best suited to the 360. Partly due to the controller I think.
FtP games cannot exist on the 360, thanks to MS pricing structure.
MW has always been a PCgame (whilst I accept there were the odd console ports) that is where the vast majority of the fan bases remains.
MMO-type games just don't seem to happen on the console.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the xbox- and no, it doesn't suck- but I just think that its not the obvious place for a game such as this; this style, the FtP model....

#12 Badgerpants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

It is in Gods name that it isn't being released on console!

Seriously! Can you imagine whan they'd have to do to this game to fit it on a console? Wash your mouth out!

#13 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Mechassault was on the Xbox, but it wasn't even nearly a proper Mechwarrior game. This harks back to the Halcyon days of Mechwarrior, where you need dozens of keys to get things done. A controller simply doesn't have that capability.

Secondly, as has been said here, the big consoles have been around for a while now, and are really, REALLY starting to show their age. Releasing this title on multiple platforms would gimp the gameplay and graphics very badly. Maps would be small, battles would be small, graphics would be sub-par. The Crytek engine is capable of such advanced graphics and fantastic effects and mechanics, but consoles aren't.

A lot of the guys are being a bit aggressive about it, but the gist is that this game cannot be fully realized on a console.

#14 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

STUPID CONSOLES

thank god I have a Playstation 3 instead!

#15 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostDr Killinger, on 07 June 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

A lot of the guys are being a bit aggressive about it, but the gist is that this game cannot be fully realized on a console.

A wee bit of an underestimation there methinks...

#16 Tryg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

If you have to ask why this isn't being released on a console....you have not been following directions!

#17 jlbdeath

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationvermont

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

xbox 360 sucks? any game that has been a mechwarrior title has sucked so bad that it has a curse warning for all developers when designed for the xbox. also the xbox has so many issues that any true gaming develper who wants a true sim like experiance wont touch the xbox with a 10 foot pole. also my xbox has had the sound stop working the video mess up the interface crap out etc etc so 1 time for the 90 buck repair bill xbox can die a good death any time now.

#18 SNOWHOUND

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

from what i gather .. you liked mechwarrior based on mech assault?!
funny joke.
also consoles are nothing to a pc!

#19 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostAntaumus, on 07 June 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Xbox360 has the processing power of a modern phone. Costs allot of money and time to make a console title as microsoft/sony make you jump through hoops and pay them royalties. Consoles are evil and the bane of gaming. They also suck.

this

#20 Aelos03

• 1,137 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

every pc game that was ported to consoles sucks and thats why i don't want mwo to get even near that ugly thing

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users