Why in gods name is this game not being released on the 360?!

63 replies to this topic

#41 Tindahbawx

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

PC Gaming Master Race checking in.

#42 Tryg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 07 June 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Nothing new, still stupid.

Be that as it may, it's one of those things that'll never end. I think if you wanted to put money on it, Palestine and Israel would settle their differences entirely before PC and Console gamers get along. Can put all the reason you want into why something is stupid or silly to argue over...and it won't put a dent in human nature.

#43 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Xbox sucks. Gamepads suck for this sort of game. Not enough buttons for input. Crap graphics.

Edited by cw roy, 07 June 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#44 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Posted Image
PC FTW

#45 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Because the PC Community is pissed of by Console watered down Games.
Nice example:
Oblivion: Great Game for Console AND PC. the Pc was better, better Menu layed out for Mouse...
Fallout 3: Same Engine improved Textures a little watered down in Controls but i felt "right" because of the Pip Boy.
Fallout 3 NV: Same Engine again improved Textures and the same Controls but even less Options in Gameplay.
Skyrim: Same Engine very Nice Maps. No Excuse for the Console stile Menu's and the Feeling is somehow like: Wow now i got a Console Port game with nicer Grafiks.. Instead of the old: I can do everything with everything is this a realy Great game.

So in 5 Years a real COOL PC Game with realy Great Options and abilities, was watereddown to some Finalfantasy Game Playclone with nicer Grafiks. Because the first Console Game (Oblivion) showed great flexibilty great Gaming great posibilites with a slightly uncomfortable Controls. The Gameplay and possiblitys went down for better Controls on the Console...

Skyrim is like the FF games a great game, but it is a Shame that the possibilities in Steering and Controls on the PC game are reduced, because the Gui ist simply ported over and not Rebuilded for Pc use. And thats annoy's us PC users.

In the late 90's and early 00's Big massiv Controllers Flightsticks where easy to have, and very common. Today this are nearly History and because of no Choice in the Market the ones still there are low on Quality. ( Compare an old Gameport Hotas with a today Hotas system they are not the Chunky and robust)

Ps.: And thats the Answer to your Question, the Developers want to make a proper Mech Games, there you need about 20-30 Keys and they would need a completly overworked Gui to make it run on Cryengine2 for consoles. Lots of Money

Edited by Elkarlo, 07 June 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#46 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

The life expectancy of the Xbox 360 is winding down, developing a game for a platform which is not likely to be around in 2 years as a major gaming platform is probably a consideration if your game is intended for sporadic spending over a long term plan. They may port it to the next Xbox though, by the time that is released it will have the hardware to handle it and plenty of time to be played and enjoyed.

#47 name51875

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

I don't know :D
Ask the developers, i'm sure they give you an answer :blink:

#48 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

to say it a little less harsh^^ MechAssault was not anything close to a REAL MechWarrior game...so, if that was the first MW title you played because you didn´t know any better as a child...very well...buy yourself a PC and get the real s**t now :blink:

#49 GENnachocheese

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Dont act like those COD fanboys who say they dont change graphic and map size cause of 360, thats just not true cause 360 can handle crysis and BF3 so COD wont be a problem with 3 times larger maps.
problem with this is that more and more Companies want to shell out games with lowest possible cost, cause people will buy it anyway.

look at the medal of honor warfighter gameplay movie from E3 and than say 360 got crappy graphics, they dont show most games on 360 if it wouldnt be able to handle those games.

only real problem would be microsoft, they even want money if a game wants to add achievements.

#50 Shivus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostElkarlo, on 07 June 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Because the PC Community is pissed of by Console watered down Games.
Nice example:
Oblivion: Great Game for Console AND PC. the Pc was better, better Menu layed out for Mouse...
Fallout 3: Same Engine improved Textures a little watered down in Controls but i felt "right" because of the Pip Boy.
Fallout 3 NV: Same Engine again improved Textures and the same Controls but even less Options in Gameplay.
Skyrim: Same Engine very Nice Maps. No Excuse for the Console stile Menu's and the Feeling is somehow like: Wow now i got a Console Port game with nicer Grafiks.. Instead of the old: I can do everything with everything is this a realy Great game.

So in 5 Years a real COOL PC Game with realy Great Options and abilities, was watereddown to some Finalfantasy Game Playclone with nicer Grafiks. Because the first Console Game (Oblivion) showed great flexibilty great Gaming great posibilites with a slightly uncomfortable Controls. The Gameplay and possiblitys went down for better Controls on the Console...

Skyrim is like the FF games a great game, but it is a Shame that the possibilities in Steering and Controls on the PC game are reduced, because the Gui ist simply ported over and not Rebuilded for Pc use. And thats annoy's us PC users.

In the late 90's and early 00's Big massiv Controllers Flightsticks where easy to have, and very common. Today this are nearly History and because of no Choice in the Market the ones still there are low on Quality. ( Compare an old Gameport Hotas with a today Hotas system they are not the Chunky and robust)

Ps.: And thats the Answer to your Question, the Developers want to make a proper Mech Games, there you need about 20-30 Keys and they would need a completly overworked Gui to make it run on Cryengine2 for consoles. Lots of Money

At the same time I have to say Bethesda gave PC users a big fistbump with the creationkit. My skyrim runs around 110 mods to make it the game it could have been. And it still feels and looks better than Oblivion ever had a hope of. I tend to hate EA and Activision more than consoles because what they do is legitimately harmful to gaming, consoles at worst stunt game development, and at best make some really great games.

#51 NeoDac

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

theres a lot of venom in this thread ease up on the guy will ya. that being said this isnt a gmae i'd want to see console ported consoles are not platforms for good imersive simulation it bothers me enough that i have pc games i felt the need to get an xbox wired controller to play because the UI's are built to run on consoles and are unessicarily clunky otherwise... you see this a lot these days especialy in some of the newer mmo's (champions online dc universe online...) they arent bad games (very good on consoles) but MMo's are supposed to be computer based and are supposed to require a lot more input than that gamepad... now maybe if xbox and ps3 stopped having keyboards as periphrials and started using them as controllers... you'd still be dealing with their crappy graphics cards (crappy now pretty good when they launched) but you'd have something that could logicaly work this game.

#52 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostShivus, on 07 June 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

At the same time I have to say Bethesda gave PC users a big fistbump with the creationkit. My skyrim runs around 110 mods to make it the game it could have been. And it still feels and looks better than Oblivion ever had a hope of. I tend to hate EA and Activision more than consoles because what they do is legitimately harmful to gaming, consoles at worst stunt game development, and at best make some really great games.

I use the Menu Mod for Skyrim too... so it is the game it should have been. But such Mods i want stock not as add on for PC.
It was only comparing Company mods not the Fangroup Mods. I took Elderscrolls as Example because the Console Gamers loved it because it gave them the PC freedom in Aktion and then because it went a Console Game they lost it again.

#53 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostWoodstock, on 07 June 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

PC better reflects the play style?

I know consoles were considered though

Yes very true. You don't want to play on a console if you want a closer to "simulator" experience in my opinion, especially if you can afford the MechWarrior Online keyboard and joystick coming later.

There is a Mech type game coming for XBox though, does not include Mech or Warrior in the title and it is designed to be far more suited for console play which is must faster. It is faster due to it being made simple enough for just a joypad.

Suppose its going to come down to if you want the faster action or feel more like your in a Mech.

#54 Moodysea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationWindsor UK

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

This is by far the most ridiculous thread I have read in a while. Especially in regards to the limitations of the controller. Any of you hear of a game called Steel Battalion? The first one ran off a huge controller; the second one works on the Kinect. Also there is the new Joystick that is being worked on and which I am sure could be modified to some degree to work on a 360.

As for PC Games being better. This is a completely daft argument. HALO was one of th best games ever made, thatw as designed for the original XBOX. Gears of War, FABLE all 360 games. THe PC version of Kingdoms of Amalur is no way near as good as the PC version and I actually prefer Skyrim on my 360 and Fallout.

I bought my PC To play stuff like Dark Prophecy on and MWO. However, I think there are some splendid console. Games. Racing games I think are much more fun on a console.

And how many of you sit in front of your PC with your girlfriend or boyfriend or mates playing games? Rather than sitting round a console in the lounge.

Just imagine it down the pub:

Which of these is a more likely scenario:

"Let's go back to Dave's and see his PC, it has a new graphics card. We can all play it in his bedroom... geez that farming simulator looks fun"

"Let's go back to Paul's and play some 4 player split screen snowboarding"

;-D

Chill people, they are just different.

#55 Sundagger

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Okay, the word 'convergence' comes to mind with regard current technology... Blu-ray players in games consoles, cameras in mobile phones etc... but the reality to a greater or lesser degree remains: games consoles are all about graphics, the majority of their processing power resides in this arena, great for fast action driving games, combat games etc.... but large scale, multi-node games like many rts and mmorg etc really need more core processing power on the back-end, less flashy visuals, and complex input... Tracking a large number of elements, with terrain and physics components thrown in also lends pressure to a PC computing model.... so quite frankly the xbox360 is lacking for MWO... even the PS3 with its superior computing power falls short against high-end PCs, its architecture is better, but still visuals centric.

#56 Meldarth Sunphot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Right - as someone said about Mechwarrior 5 - MS stipulated that it couldn't be on the PS3 - they could make it for PC and the 360. When they looked at publishers; the publishers said if you can't make it for PS3 also then no we won't publish it.

It was MS restrictions about the not being on half the market is reason we'll never see Mechwarrior 5 and its transformed from the ashes into MWO......so if you want to blame anyone...blame MS.....:blink:

Honestly I'm glad

#57 Tyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Didn't the devs say something about it being partially a monetary thing? So they decided to just go all in for PC instead?

View PostMoodysea, on 07 June 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

As for PC Games being better. This is a completely daft argument. HALO was one of th best games ever made, thatw as designed for the original XBOX. Gears of War, FABLE all 360 games. THe PC version of Kingdoms of Amalur is no way near as good as the PC version and I actually prefer Skyrim on my 360 and Fallout.

Halo was being developed for PC.

MS bought bungie.

They made Halo X-Box only.

I'm still miffed about that, because I was REALLY looking forward to that game.

I can't play controller and FPS. I need a mouse or I feel like an albatross with broken wings. XD

Edited by Tyra, 07 June 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#58 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

They TRIED to get a mechwarrior game on the consoles. It was going to be Mechwarrior 5 ak Mechwarrior Reboot. You have all seen the trailer for it.

Then basically they were in developer limbo for a bit trying to get publishing deal sorted. The issue is they were dicked around by M$, no publishered wanted anything to do with it unless it was multiplatform, and M$ was blocking the PS3 version. They couldn't come to terms so they said screw it and went about developing MWO in it's current incarnation.. PC only.

And the MW fans rejoiced.

#59 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostCaptain Mitchell, on 07 June 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Wow I've been a really big fan of the mechwarrior franchise since I was little. I really enjoyed playing Mechassault on my old xbox and now I see that Mechwarrior online, which looks bloody amazing, is not coming on 360. Why is that?!?!

Contradiction detected.

#60 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

Ps3 got 256MB Ram. Thats the reason why i won't work.
Sony made the decission with low Ram on a Processor which can handle 2TB... would the Ps3 have had 1GB ram it would cost around 20$ Produktion in it''s day, today no difference and it could run it's Linux with keyboard real good... it would be a worldbeater and be able to run MWO properly...

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users