Lrm Doing Impossible Damage After Hotfix In Training Grounds

16 replies to this topic

#1 Boogie Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

So I tested this twice in training grounds after todays hotfix. Artemis LRM20 on the Atlas D with tag on it from about 540m away. It took me 3 volleys or 60 LRM missiles to take a 100% Atlas to a striped center torso. It takes me another 2 volleys for a total of 100 LRM missiles to destroy the mech. Both times I did this the result was exactly the same and no other location on the mech was down to internal structure.

Now here is the thing I don't get. Right now LRM damage is sopposed to be 0.9 per missile. A stock Atlas-D has 94 center torso armor and 64 side torso armor. I am removing more than 94 armor with 60 LRM's which SHOULD be 54 damage. I am getting at a minimum 1.57 damage per missile in the training grounds and it actually is a bit more than that. To core the Atlas I think center torso internal is 1/2 of maximum total armor + front armor which would be a total of 156 damage. Someone let me know if I have that number wrong.

I am coring them with 100 LRM's which SHOULD be 90 damage assuming every single missile hit center torso directly (which they don't).

I guess my question is this damage bug also in online games? or are the testing grounds just messed up. I also checked in the local game files and they do in fact list 0.9 damage for LRM's.

#2 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

1. Damage in testing grounds and ingame damage isn't the same

2. you forgot splash-damage (don't know how much that would be-....or if it's still in :( )

Edit: lol..totally ninjad TexAss :)

Edited by WhiteRabbit, 24 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#3 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

1.) Damage dealt in Training grounds in not correct, sometimes double as real damage
2.) splash damage was not REMOVED but toned down. You have to add x splash damage to the 0.9 (we don't know how much exactly yet)

Edit: DAMN YOU NINJA

Edited by TexAss, 24 May 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#4 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Before this patch on May 21st when everyone said LRM's were completely worthless I could 2 shot every mech in the training grounds except the atlas with 3 LRM 15's shooting one volley.

DO NOT USE TRAINING GROUNDS AS PROOF OF ANYTHING.

#5 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Its easy to explain- stock variant armor.

#6 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Er no AMS no cover, and none moving mechs.
Mystery solved.

#7 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Get a friend on the oppossing team to stand still for a while

#8 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

1. Damage in testing grounds and ingame damage isn't the same

I hear this all the time but do you have a recent source for this? Every time I test with energy/ballistics, things line up exactly as the math indicates and is no different than in a normal game.

#9 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostJman5, on 24 May 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I hear this all the time but do you have a recent source for this? Every time I test with energy/ballistics, things line up exactly as the math indicates and is no different than in a normal game.

it was approved by the devs when the splash damage bug was discovered

#10 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

I did similar but more extensive testing in testing grounds, have a full post in patch feedback section still gathering more data for it, but a couple points.

before testing I did a baseline test with a single medium laser at 100m against leg, arm, side torso, and center torso of commando, catapult, and atlas. All showed damage to exactly match the stock models armor. So energy weapons at least do correct damage.

Then I did tests using exactly 1 LRM 5 launcher with no tag or artemis (or narc)

you can look at my post there for data, but my conclusion is:
First they have removed splash damage completely.
Second missiles spread perfectly
Third center torso takes between 3-6x damage per hit (all other locations take normal damage)

I suspect this is either a new a bug, or an old one that went unnoticed under the splash bugs.

#11 Boogie Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Wow so many early replies that totally did not read the original post and just did smart *** replies. Thank you Ningyo for actually reading what I posted.

I am using stock numbers for armor and the missiles are the total launched at a fresh undamaged atlas. The math I have in the original post is kinda important in showing the missiles are doing way over 0.9 damage even if 100% of them were directly hitting center torso which they are not.

#12 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Actually I figured out how to get exact CT damage on LRMs, but I do not have a mech that can do it. Do you have a Trebuchet TBT-7M, or Raven RVN-3L

Put a single LRM5 launcher on the missile Hardpoint with only 1 tube. This will make it launch 5 x 1 missile volleys. Then count the number of CT hits.

If someone wants to spend 15 mins doing this please post your findings. Optionally if you go from directly to the side you can get a good damage for hits to the arm to compare it with.

#13 Boogie Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostNingyo, on 24 May 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Actually I figured out how to get exact CT damage on LRMs, but I do not have a mech that can do it. Do you have a Trebuchet TBT-7M, or Raven RVN-3L

Put a single LRM5 launcher on the missile Hardpoint with only 1 tube. This will make it launch 5 x 1 missile volleys. Then count the number of CT hits.

If someone wants to spend 15 mins doing this please post your findings. Optionally if you go from directly to the side you can get a good damage for hits to the arm to compare it with.

This was a good idea. I did it with a raven 3L on multipule mechs and the results were the same. On arms I was doing about 0.71 damage per missile. On center torso I was doing 1.7 damage per missile. This is hitting ONLY 1 component with 100% of the missiles so no splash damage between components.

#14 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

there is a bug ingame, i don't know if training grounds too.
when you get shot by lrm, it damages directly the internals, no matter if there's armor or not.
i had this happen numerous times, more often than not.
could you check for this on grounds too?

#15 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for doing that test, quoted you in patch feedback thread I had going. That guarantees there is a bug either in LRM CT damage, or testing grounds LRM CT damage (I suspect the former)

It is kind of interesting that the damage to arms appears to be too low also?

#16 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostJman5, on 24 May 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

try missles..at least those (were) quite a lot stronger than they should be... even with lowered armor, no cover or ams.
might be that something with the splash-damage is still off in testing-grounds :D

#17 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

My fellow mechwarriors: Each time you go test missiles in the testing ground, a horrendous disaster follows. Please stop doing this, for the good of all.

Thank you.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users