Please Fix Conquest And Elo!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

OK, i officially know that Conquest mode is as busted as can be, not to mention your supposed ELO system is junk!!! The only thing you give credit for is damage, why is that?!? I just had a conquest match, the point total was 681 to their 750....I WAS THE LAST MECH ALIVE!!! How the hell did i NOT get ONE cap assist?? I was the only reason we were even that close. I was our teams only light, they of course rolled to the middle of the map and got obliterated by concentrated fire, meanwhile im running around capping and i don't get credit for a single capture?? From now on i will stick with Assault mode and be a lemming running Assault mechs because that seems to be the only thing PGI cares about now.

#2 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostDragunz Pryde, on 08 May 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

OK, i officially know that Conquest mode is as busted as can be, not to mention your supposed ELO system is junk!!! The only thing you give credit for is damage, why is that?!?

Are you sure, I believe the only thing that affects Elo is win/loss.

Edited by von Pilsner, 08 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#3 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Elo only calculates win/loss.

Capture Assists do not count in Conquest. This is intended.

#4 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Please fix ELO. Tonight is a typical night. 5x in a row. Wait > 1 minute for a match, play for 4 minutes, died 8:2 or worse (with one exception of 8:3) It Is ******* I N G STUPID AND RIDICULOUS. If you can't manage to fix it, like say matching based on player + mech variant. At least give us some fricking OPTIONS. Like 1. Being able to block people without having to have them accept a friend request first. Being able to choose people to only fight against instead of with. Being able to set a personal limit on how wide an ELO score variation you are willing to accept to find a match. Like publishing the ******* I N G metrics to actually PROVE how well ELO is or is not working.

Edited by David Sumner, 27 May 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#5 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

Oh Yay. I figured out how ELO is screwed up. It can't cope with the differences in player base by time of day. Here I am in NZST, and at 7am, ELO is good, I run about 1.1-1.2 W/L ratio. 8pm, Completely F@@KED up. Every damn day. 8:2 loses or worse almost continuously. So yeah, ability to choose people not to fight, actual real balancing of matches, ability to pick people to fight with, those would all be REALLY USEFUL THINGS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users