8 replies to this topic

#1 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

So my kids went to play on a server I was going to host, but issues!

Does anyone know where I can get the FULL Free Release of MW4? Complete to the last patch totally done and ready to be installed download?

One child had a version mismatch and MTX isn't working anymore, the other would have his client crash every time we tried to connect (copied from my rig to his) and so I need some help here.

Thank you in advance!

#2 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Beyond finding a copy in some old dusty store there is afaik no legal way to obtain the game any more.

#3 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I didn't know if maybe the Full Free Release patched up to .30 was available to download or not. Does anyone know if it is?

My boys really love MW and want to play. I was trying to host a server and have them join it so they could enjoy the fun we have.

#4 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

hm, last time i had it downloaded and installed from mektek it worked... but that was earlier last year

#5 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

MekTek is no longer supporting the download....Game still plays, just can't get them into a server together.

#6 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I recently went questing for it. You're correct, they don't support it anymore. D: I wish I could get it. Apparently another group is supposedly going to be supporting it sometime in the future. That's what I read on the MekTek site anyway.

#7 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I've read that MekTek is transferring (or is at least trying to) support for MW4 to another group. There are things in the way of all this, unfortunately (i.e legality, Microsoft possibly)...

more info: http://stompybotprod...4D0DD5392A9C75A
(third-to-last paragraph^)

Edited by Raven IIC, 28 May 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#8 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

im really sad about mektek dropping MW4.. as old as it is, its still super fun to play... i just wish the various people who own the various rights stop worrying about money and rights, and just worry about the consumer. coz lets face it, the way things are going, we will never see any clan mechs in MWO. idk about you, but id like to pilot a madcat or a vulture...

#9 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think they should have packed it into a nice zip file at the final patch and put it up for download anyplace they could.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users