Observation From Early Closed Beta Tester

2 replies to this topic

#1 Wyatt Earp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationOhio, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I've discussed this before, and really haven't seen anything done about it. But there's something going on with the damage in this game. I have hundreds of matches under my belt and have been playing since EARLY closed BETA. I have personally witnessed mechs taking fire that should've killed them twice over, only to have little or no damage done to them. I watch the % counter on them and nothing. A couple examples are of a BJ that was taking fire (and getting hit) from 2 heavies, then was smoked with 16 double gauss shots to the center torso from me, and he lost 3% health. Were we ALL missing him? Don't think so. Then there's the Atlas who was stripped of his arms, had armor down below 10%, and took multiple CT shots....only to walk away with no additional damage. I've seen it dozens of times, and from the feedback I get in games, so have others. It's a problem!

I've been the victim of and the deliverer of one shot kills. I just can't wrap my mind around how/why this no damage phenomenon happens. It's not every game, but it occurs often. Has this game been compromised already? I hope not. But something's going on that needs to be fixed.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Its not a bug as such. Its possible to be hitting an empty components that's is completely destroyed and can do no further damage. CT is a different matter but not impossible ... critical hit in the wrong spot and bye bye. The table top was the same

#3 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

I agree, the BJ 1x (i think that's the right one.) with the laser build seems to be the hardest of the BJ variants to kill.. I made the statement on team speak, and people thought is was mad.. then the next round they agreed after 4 1 catF/ 1 stalker/ 1 K2 / 1 jagger were putting Multiple Focused fired ppc/Lg/and AC alphas into the same mech and he kept running around laughing.. There are a few variants that take damage better than others.. there is also 1 stalker variant that is much more harder to kill than its brothers..

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users