Ams Stopped Working?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

My AMS stopped working today. No idea why? I have AMS ammo in my ammo slot (Jenner), and the AMS module is also installed (-K), it has been working before np? Ammo says I have 1000 shots per ton (one ton loaded), but the AMS status is now gone from my weapon status in game, and I'm getting hammered by incoming missles.

The only thing "new" is I put in a UAV module. I noticed the AMS not working in second to last match, and last match also. I did launch the UAV in last match, but not the one previous.

Does the AMS ammo auto reload between matches, like missles do? Or do I have to drop and rebuy AMS ammo? Would the mechlab status show the ammo slot taken, if the ammo was empty, or would the slot then show empty as well?

Is there an issue or bug with AMS and the UAV? I'm not sure it stopped working at the same time I loaded the UAV, or if it just took me a match or 2 to notice it?

Thanks.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

It automatically reloads. There have been no issues between the two noticed. However sometimes if you enter the mechlab without making changes, something will disappear. Check your weight; if it's not at maximum then something 'disappeared' which could include your AMS.

Alternatively, if it turns red at any point during gameplay the AMS has been destroyed or you have run out of ammo. I found this to happen rather frequently as of late, causing me to 'pad' the AMS to protect it even in light mechs.

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#3 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks Koniving, always appreciate your help. The ammo and module both show up in mechlab, and I'm still running full weight, 35 tons. And yeah, I've seen the weapon status turn color when it's used up or destroyed (mostly destroyed, as I usally don't live long enough to run out of anything).

But the AMS isn't showing up on the weapons list (everything else does show up normally though), and that's when I first drop into a game, not after I've been cored.

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

If you're still having this problem, here's what I would try...

Edit your loadout, and remove the AMS and its ammo - save the mech like this.
Go back into the loadout editor and reinstall the AMS and ammo, save again.

Then see if it works.

Edited by DEMAX51, 29 May 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#5 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yes. Remove the ams (not the ammo, the 0.5 ton ams itself. Save. Put it back on. Save and exit again.

It really sounds like you have ammo but no ams equipped.

(Half ton, weapon, location restricted, not available on an x-5).

#6 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

That fixed it, thanks Demax and Dan!

Edited by OldOrgandonor, 29 May 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

No problem, man. Glad it worked :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users