• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Southern, I've played those! They are very under apreciated... just not at my old table! IIRC my fluff, The Goliath Scorpions brought one back with them when they came with the Wolves... But I'm out of practice with my TRO fluff!

Try one with some Clan Tech Ultra-10s! Munch! munch! munch!

#142 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

3025:

Blackjack: Fade at max ac2 range, by the time they closed range, you are fighting half of whatever it was you started shooting at, finish them off with 4 med lasers.

Banshee: armor, armor, armor

Panther: PPC on a fast well armored light

#143 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

one I've felt was under appreciated was the Viking

It's a massive assault support mech along the lines of a catapult

another one that I see little talk of is the Archangel. There's what only two crits on that beast that can put it down? It can survive both torsos and arms gutted and still fight back

#144 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Early JagerMech designs have weak side torso armour and that's where their AC ammo is located for their AC/2's and AC/5's I think?

easy to breach in one volley and blow it to hell.

I prefer the laser Jager variants.

#145 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

Little more love for the Grasshopper/Guillotine. Real nasty brawlers that are fun, if a little TO efficient.

#146 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:40 AM

I think the Orion is pretty under appreciated.

Posted Image
Posted Image
It was a great design because it had good speed, armor, and a very balanced group of weapons: AC10, LRM15, 2 Medium Lasers, and an SRM4. That AC10 and LRM15 can cause some serious damage at longer ranges and if the ammo runs out for them, there's still the lasers and SRMs which can also cause quite a bit of damage at short range.

It also looks great. Something about this Mech makes it look heroic. I don't know what.

Now, for teh OSTROC!
Posted Image
Missilehands Config

Posted Image
Proper Config

This thing really does need some love. At least in my opinion. The four laser weapons (2 medium lasers, 2 large) and the SRM4 really make this thing a powerful mech at any range. The absence of many ammo-based weapons also makes this thing very independent from supply drops/trains/whatever. It also looks nice.

Also, let's not forget the Dragon.

Posted Image
FALCON KICK!
Posted Image
It may be very ammunition dependent, but it is still a great long range Mech. It damaged my Panther quite badly with it's AC5 and LRM10 in TT, but the 2 medium lasers never really came into play. Speaking of the Panther...

Posted Image
Posted Image
It's a very nice mech. The PPC allows you to do lots of damage from afar, (especially against lights) and if the enemy gets in close range, you won't be caught with your pants down. Ahem. SRM4. 2 damage per missile. 8 damage max.

EDIT: How could I forget the Wolfhound!?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MechRaccoon, 11 June 2012 - 04:03 AM.

#147 Gorbash

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Well this thread seems to have died out. Oh well. I welcome any further discussion on the subject, and as we close on the day of release, I look forward to seeing you all on the field!

#148 Kniesser

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostSouthern Taxi, on 10 June 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Solitaire ♥
But I'd have to wait 7 years to get it :)

Pew-Pewing everyone with lots of small lasers while running at 140 kph :rolleyes:

i have to agree, with its heavy large laser and 3 smaller lasers it can pack a punch for its size

#149 Lancehead

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

I feel that the Thug needs more love. It has a PPC on each arm like the beloved Warhammer and Marauder, yet so many people shun it.

Another one would be the Stalker. It's one of the better Assault Mechs for use in a coordinated lance, yet it has appeared in so few of the games.

#150 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

A Bushy would be my choice.
Until that day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users