What are the Clans to you?

649 replies to this topic

Poll: What are the Clans to you? (721 member(s) have cast votes)

Which answer best describes YOUR VIEWPOINT of the Clans and/or Clan culture?

1. The Clans are an elite warrior-based culture bound by a unique code of honor. (224 votes [31.07%])

Percentage of vote: 31.07%

2. They are Kerensky's Chosen. They will retake what is rightfully theirs! They are crusaders and will trample all who stand in their way! (74 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. They are Kerensky's Children. Enlightenment is their gift. They return to protect that which is unique among the stars; Terra, and humanity from its own hubris. (178 votes [24.69%])

Percentage of vote: 24.69%

4. The Clans are foreign invaders armed with superior technology. (180 votes [24.97%])

Percentage of vote: 24.97%

5. I don't know much about the Clans. All I know is they have cooler stuff and talk about "honor" a lot. (19 votes [2.64%])

Percentage of vote: 2.64%

6. What's all this talk about clans and houses? I don't know or don't care. (9 votes [1.25%])

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

7. I know enough about the Clans to know I don't like how they were introduced into the BT/MW universe because of (whatever reason). (37 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#641 Wyzak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHartford, Vermont

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

here's my take - the Clans are evil, but some are less evil than others, and when they show up something great comes out of it, which is another Star League. Then some people in the Inner Sphere demonstrate that it is possible to be more evil than the Clans.

Edited by Wyzak, 27 April 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#642 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

I would never join the clans because of the whole honer ranking thing(Im a mercenary) but when they appear im so going to steel there stuff! Shadow cat here i come!

#643 Xyph3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRight behind you, in his AC/20 Raven

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 09 November 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

Seriously, all you inner sphere surats, need to shut the **** up and listen, Clan Wolf and the rest of the wardens weren't that bad, in fact they tried to get as many planets as possible in the beginning so that way you wouldn't have to deal with the Falcons, and other crusaders, to make your lives easier, sorry we lost the trial of refusal, but remember who sent the Wolf's Dragoons to prepare the inner sphere. Yes their original mission was recon, but then it went into preparing the inner sphere for invasion, and as for all of you calling us targets, you ever go against a binary without having a whole battalion behind you, you should try it sometime, two of your lances, against a binary, see how that works for you.

a binary against two lances would not be honorable, brother wolf, except two of the clan warriors stand aside and do not participate. although they might sometimes deserve it. we shall not lessen our honor by outnumbering them. we just dont have to. :blink:

#644 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostXyph3r, on 27 April 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

a binary against two lances would not be honorable, brother wolf, except two of the clan warriors stand aside and do not participate. although they might sometimes deserve it. we shall not lessen our honor by outnumbering them. we just dont have to. :blink:

Neg on that, for I would take on two myself, but brother bear, you speak correctly, LET THEM BRING A WHOLE COMPANY OF MECHS.

#645 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 27 April 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Neg on that, for I would take on two myself, but brother bear, you speak correctly, LET THEM BRING A WHOLE COMPANY OF MECHS.

Somebody is looking for a whoopin in a grand melee. :blink:

#646 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 26 April 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Once a ******* gain, CRUSADER MENTALITY, how many times do I have to preach this people. :D This is like me calling the davions, dracs... or all the IS committed the Kentares Massacre. It's just bloody infuriating guys, okay? Alright out burst over. ;) Anyone else want to try and clump us together, I am sure even Odin agrees with me on this one, as I am sure that he doesn't want to be called a Wolf again, right Odin?
Umm... did you not read my post dude... the very end of if? Or just the beginning?

"btw... that's just in reference to some of the Crusader Clans"

Before you start ranting and raving... read the whole post next time ;)

#647 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Neg I would not like to be called wolf again. As for Ulric's advice it was too IS like but he has machinations that are still on record for undermining the whole invasion. Regardless I say we get rid of the freebirths and then settle our issues in the proper trials.

#648 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Clanners are a bunch of scrubs from the deep periphery.

Or if you prefer, they are salvage pinatas.

#649 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostMagnusEffect, on 08 November 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

I think the cultural aspects behind the Clans are what make them so interesting, but I think many people don't know much about them beyond having some vague concepts of honor and "they have cooler stuff". Not that I blame them. I was a BT nut back in the day. :)

I tried to make it so there is no "wrong answer". I thought it would be neat to see where people stand.

(NOTE): I *tried* to delete the old version of this post in the Suggestions forum. I thought it would be more appropriate here.

Just out of curiosity, why did you change from Clan to I.S.?

Actually, that question is for anyone that has done that? I'm curious on the reasons why

#650 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users