Ask The Devs 39 - Answers!

151 replies to this topic

#141 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostAlmeras, on 01 June 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

The issue being if as a pilot your spend all game capping nodes and winning the game for your team but haven't spent any time fighting you score will be much lower than that of a guy who spent the game shooting stuff and ignoring nodes.

This is pretty much the reason i ignore capping for the most part even in a light mech, since my role is NOT to get less cbills than everyone else in the match including the losing side i just outcapped.

On the plus side, most other people feel the same way so cap rushes dont normally happen. once all bases are capped it generally turns into a brawl then one side chasing down the last mech.

#142 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Are there any more balancing issues at hand? More specifically, the LPL? I want to use the LPL more, but it's the least attractive weapon on the table IMO at the moment.

#143 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostSICk Nick, on 09 June 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

Are there any more balancing issues at hand? More specifically, the LPL? I want to use the LPL more, but it's the least attractive weapon on the table IMO at the moment.

LPL?

#144 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

Large Pulse Laser - its pretty good imho.

#145 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostSICk Nick, on 09 June 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I like my LPLs where they are at. In my opinion, SRMs are the least attractive weapon in the game right now. :/ It's a sad day when a splat cat sneaks up on me and alphas me twice in the rear only to have me turn around and wax him..

#146 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostCubivorre, on 10 June 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

I like my LPLs where they are at. In my opinion, SRMs are the least attractive weapon in the game right now. :/ It's a sad day when a splat cat sneaks up on me and alphas me twice in the rear only to have me turn around and wax him..

Are you kidding ? Srm are more powerful than ever now, yeah they did loose their easy mode button at point blank but that should never have been viable in the first place.

9dmg for low heat + fire and forget + low tonnage. Hell yes 6m spread is insanely good, they wreck light and medium and you can aim different part against heavy and assault.

#147 Littlefingers

• PipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I am sure this has been ask before but I thought I would ask anyways. Q. Can we expect to see classic battlemech like the Victor or will be stuck using whatever the dev's feel like making? Q. when will then conquest section be up and running?

#148 wDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Can you guys get a bit more damage to the airstrike, it aint all that scary right now.
And a sugestion on the same subject, get some napalm shells also so that there can be some overheating when airstiked.

#149 ENEMY 1986

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Почему вы сделали на основе мехвоинов 4 такую парашу, достаточно было в 4-ю часть добавить хорошую графику и все, шансов у вашего проекта против WOT просто ноль.

#150 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostENEMY 1986, on 12 June 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Почему вы сделали на основе мехвоинов 4 такую парашу, достаточно было в 4-ю часть добавить хорошую графику и все, шансов у вашего проекта против WOT просто ноль.

Русский форум

#151 Tyren Dian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 31 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

DarkhorseBW: Why are there different types of cockpit hit boxes? For example, the Cataphract's cockpit is only its 1 front center window, but the Catapult's cockpit is all of its windows?
A: It’s getting adjusted to be similar. It’s Paul’s favorite mech, so I made sure everyone could kill him more easily.

I lol'd hard. Thanks for your answers. :D

#152 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

So should new people and current players just go ahead and assume that we need to be in a premade... use coms...?? What is the current intent for our matches? Is it for us to be mostly a pug? Mostly premade? I think unless we get the choice soon this game will have issues as we move forward. If the only way to succeed is having to log in with your group to win , which by the way a PREMADE team with COMS and a balanced group will win if not win 90% of the time and or they are bad... So I guess the question is while this is a team based game and we should work together the bottom line is that there will not be a remote balance if a pug team is going up against a premade every time. (unless it is the worst premade team on the planet). Will there be a choice come the end of beta of MATCH choices? I.e. Premade matches vs Pugs or will it always be a farming of the sheep in a pug?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users