#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 May 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

This is a bit of a non-useful answer, isn't it? We know where the values come from, Karl is asking if you ever considered changing them because the values are based on the TT game, a game that definitely did not feature mouse-aiming or convergence.

You're supposed to be disappointed at the answers. That's the current expectations for "working as intended".

#22 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 May 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

This is a bit of a non-useful answer, isn't it? We know where the values come from, Karl is asking if you ever considered changing them because the values are based on the TT game, a game that definitely did not feature mouse-aiming or convergence.

Exactly

#23 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thx for the answers PGi making your playerbase more enlightened.
I cant await to see all the new features, improvements and balance passes make MWO the outstanding game you and us deserve.

:)

Keep up to do the best work you can and you will be rewared!

Edited by Thorqemada, 31 May 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#24 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 31 May 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

Your honesty on this is appreciated, and I get that the promise of upcoming features is one of the biggest things keeping people around, but don't you think your "aggressive release schedule" is a little bold for a small developer? With all due respect, I find it a little hard to believe that you lack the people to play enough games to lure the obvious "excessive LRM dive point" bug out from hiding.

Or the excesive nerf that SRM's got. I dont believe you guys couldnt test this in a private enviroment, I mean, you were changing flight path and splash damage of LRM's why didnt u try SRM's??

Why cant SRM's been threated alone and have to suffer every nerf that LRM's get?

#25 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

The map coordinate showing along with the range for where your aiming is a MUST for scouting, I need to be able to watch blurry dots in the distance of alpine and tell my team where they are.

#26 Bazooka B

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 31 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Kmieciu: Was the Christmas MC sale a success? When can we expect the next MC sale?
A: I would expect an MC sale around the same time as last year, all things being equal.

Ever heard of "Christmas in July" sales? How about a back to school sale lovin' for broke college students? Maybe a "Halfway to Christmas, Half Off MC Sale" only on June 25th?

#27 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thank you for answering Bryan. :)

Edited by Will9761, 31 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#28 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Ask the Devs #39
Maverick01: Can we expect to see a short Cinematic trailer for the launch of MWO? If yes, can the trailer be narrated by Duncan Fisher or even Morgan Freeman? This would serve to introduce the futuristic universe of the Inner Sphere, showing the war and politics of the Great Houses and ultimately leading to the Clan Invasion.
A: I would expect something cool for launch.

Oh, Bryan, believe me, I have that great expectation, BUT only properly implemented Community Warfare and Clans Invasion particularly, ClanTech and Clans' playerbase organization, regular balance reviews and adjustments will be able to open my wallet to PGI, only that. Some fancy cinematics will surely be very welcome, but I will enjoy watching it on youtube for free.

Edit: fixed typos.

Edited by Featherwood, 31 May 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#29 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

I have not had much luck at getting my question answered. Perhaps someone in the community can help me out: "Combined arms (infantry, armor, helicopters, drop ships, etc.), will we get to fight them in mwo?"

#30 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostJames Montana, on 31 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

I have not had much luck at getting my question answered. Perhaps someone in the community can help me out: "Combined arms (infantry, armor, helicopters, drop ships, etc.), will we get to fight them in mwo?"

Probably this is a thing years away and only if the game is a big success - they stated several times MWO will launch as "Mech only" game and having no intermediate plans to add "Combined Arms".

Edited by Thorqemada, 31 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#31 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Great answers to some well proferred questions.

However, my question was not answered:

"When Community Warfare is implemented, will it be first person view only?"

#32 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

How can people get excited over this repeat of repeated non-answers. I would prefer they didn't even do the ATD anymore since they do not take it seriously or answer the questions sincerely - and if they think they are giving smart and reasonable answers then I feel very bad for them.

#33 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I hope that we will be able to at least shoot at npc combined arm units.

#34 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

As always, thank you for taking the time to answer questions. :)

#35 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostJames Montana, on 31 May 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I hope that we will be able to at least shoot at npc combined arm units.

I could imagine that the upcoming Tutorial may include some rudimentary NPC activity...

#36 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

defcon won: Can we get map coordinate added to the HUD? Whatever coordinate the main crosshairs are on should show above the distance for team coordination. And/or put a marker on the spot you're in the crosshairs, shared with your team or lance.
A: I’ll ask the team what they think.

This is a great idea for a module imo.

#37 Andrew Cranston

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm impressed that they managed to completely avoid balancing questions surrounding PPC/High Alpha builds. The one question that made it in that even slightly addressed these builds was pretty funny though, so hats off on that. Back to PPCWarrior Online for the Victor cbill grind.

#38 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Answers are still lacking any useful information or precision about what's going on.

We asked precise and legitimate questions, and are rewarded by some vague answers, "yes", "no", "I'll ask the team about that"...
Why couldn't they provide some actually useful informations, instead of always eluding every important community concern ?

Barely anything to see here, sadly.

Edited by Crimson Fenris, 31 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#39 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

DarkhorseBW: Why are there different types of cockpit hit boxes? For example, the Cataphract's cockpit is only its 1 front center window, but the Catapult's cockpit is all of its windows?
A: It’s getting adjusted to be similar. It’s Paul’s favorite mech, so I made sure everyone could kill him more easily.

I found that to be funny.

#40 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Much better answers overall this time thank you. We really appreciate the extra detail you put in to some of the answers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users