Suggestions - Ui 2.0 Feature And Ssrm Balance

2 replies to this topic

#1 GaveL Veritas

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Here are two completely unrelated suggestions:

UI 2.0 Feature- I know that the option to save mech load-outs in UI 2.0 has been suggested but I do not know if this particular next step has been recommended: unpair all equipment from all mechs which are not committed to the battlefield.

One of the most time-consuming tasks for one who has multiple mechs is moving equipment from one mech to another when one decides to drop in something different for the next match. I often find myself swapping out modules, engines, etc... between matches when I want to drop in something different. The worst part of this is forgetting to swap out something and accidentally dropping in a mech without something it normally employs.

What I recommend is that all my equipment stays uncommitted in my mechbay and, when I drop in a saved config, it simply pulls the necessary equipment onto my mech for the duration of the match.

The hardest part of coding this that I can discern is locking all the equipment from a mech when it is still on the battlefield.

When players drop into a new match with committed equipment, the system should bring up a message stating the equipment which is unavailable giving the option to drop without it (considering, of course, that the equipment is not required for drop). This way, players would still be encouraged to purchase multiple modules, weapons, etc if they wish to enter a new match when a mech is still committed.

SSRM Balance - This suggestion will be much shorter: Remove splash damage from SSRMs (only)

With the recent buffs to SSRMs it seems to be the weapon of choice for many mechwarriors. The problem with a nerf is always finding the right balance to test. I recommend that the SSRM damage, range, speed, and tracking remain the same. However, I do recommend that splash damage be removed from ONLY the streak as I feel LRMs and SRMs are balanced at the moment.

(edits - font size and grammer)

Edited by Nadrani, 31 May 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

IMO splash isn't really the problem for SSRM, rather that they always hit (and almost always CT). I'd prefer them to be guided, but not guaranteed to always hit (see MWLL streaks, which would curve towards the target but could miss if you didn't lead a bit)

#3 Soulsbane96

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 31 May 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

IMO splash isn't really the problem for SSRM, rather that they always hit (and almost always CT). I'd prefer them to be guided, but not guaranteed to always hit (see MWLL streaks, which would curve towards the target but could miss if you didn't lead a bit)

I've gone and looked at my SSRM accuracy and its well below 100% (50-60). I dont fire them without a lock, I dont even think they will fire without one, and yet, still not always hitting, and I've noticed even when they do hit, if both mechs aren't just standing still, they hit more on an arm or side, they dont avoid arms to core enemies.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users