Heat Penalties - A Staple Of Mechwarrior

66 replies to this topic

Poll: Apparently polls are good: (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with heat penalties in principle?

1. Yes (126 votes [84.56%])

Percentage of vote: 84.56%

2. No (please explain) (19 votes [12.75%])

Percentage of vote: 12.75%

3. Undecided (4 votes [2.68%])

Percentage of vote: 2.68%

Do you agree with the OP's suggestions for heat penalties?

1. Yes (42 votes [28.19%])

Percentage of vote: 28.19%

2. Some (66 votes [44.30%])

Percentage of vote: 44.30%

3. No (26 votes [17.45%])

Percentage of vote: 17.45%

4. Undecided (15 votes [10.07%])

Percentage of vote: 10.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

View Postomegaorgun, on 13 July 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Isn't heat penalty when you exceed the threshold and overheat not when you are using a combination of weapons and what is point of having a 1.4 HE if you overheat more due to using more than ie 2 vs 3 lasers now your HE is not valid?

There are heat penalties (that restrict the mech),and there are OVERheat penalties (that cause damage).

#62 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Great ideas.
Nice.

#63 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Eh, just get rid of 2xRecharge, it only benefits Ballistics and it does it too well.

2xRecharge has given us DHS 1.4, Heat Scaling, forums going bananas about being cored, Gauss desync (no one is using Gauss even now, they have moved on), and 2xRecharge has never actually been supported itself.

2xRecharge changes the damage dynamic to one where mechs just face-off and core each other, but Mech critical areas have never been made tougher. Instead we get alot of weird nerfs to stop Energy weapons from using the 2xRecharge. So just get rid of the nerfs and the 2xRecharge. it ain't workin

#64 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Here are some heat system ideas: http://mwomercs.com/...em-suggestions/

#65 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

bump because...

...if you're running the red line, your mech should slow down, have worse aim, worse handling and should run the chance of your mech going 'bang' through ammo explosions. The hotter, the more severe.

#66 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostSkoaljaw, on 15 June 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

I'd like to see how this heat thing plays out. It's been pretty obvious thus far that things that worked on the table top back in the 80's do not translate into the world we play in now. I'm confident that PGI will have it sorted out before official launch. Gotta keep in mind we're still in Beta.

I switch the coin and sey that is exactly oposite. The only thing that thay proven is that thay dont know what are doing and stiching more closly to the lore would be better in just about every aspect.

Current heat system is a joke and direct kick at battletech balls.
It has been printed on every single mech sheet for about 30 years how the damn heat system should look like. Ignoring it is just more then dumb.
That said I do belive that in game that should look like 2 bars. One blue and the other one red. Blue is save zone whare your heatsinks are doing thair job. When that goas off the red bar start to rise. And all penatlys execute thare on levels that you can find on actually any mech sheet. Now we can argue how visual effects can look like to mimic aim penatly or how to simulate pasing off. Everything other is just ready, we dont need to invent new things.

#67 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I made the same suggestion in a "Heat" thread a while ago, so i just wanna say i fully support your ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users