2 replies to this topic

#1 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

It seems like anytime a team in a match goes down fairly quickly there's one person on that team who has to make sure everyone knows that they are better than everyone else by saying the obligatory "man this team sucked." Meanwhile, they may or may not have done the best on that team, and likely did nothing to try to help the team. Typically, when I see it on my team it's the guy who happened to live the longest and managed to watch most of his team die because he hid behind a rock the whole time. Also, if someone is in a match with you, there is a good chance their skill level is at least somewhat close to yours. Unfortunately, bad matches happen to everyone from time to time, stop trying to ease your ego and suck it up.

Here is some helpful advice the next time you see your team collapsing around you, ask them to fall back to a better position, remind them to get cover, inform them of any ambushes that may have or may be happening, call out targets, call out some focused fire, call for a regroup or, get out there and expose yourself some so that you can pull some hostiles off them.

The next time you find yourself shocked by how poorly your team did and how it's not at all possible it was just a lucky game for the enemy team and how you are simply a golden god of a mech pilot and this just doesn't happen to you, ask yourself if you could have done more to actually have helped your teammates before you put out there that your whole team is terrible and you are the lone bright spot and then quickly exit the match before anyone contradicts you. It's a team game, play as a team, play nicely, and try to refrain from going around engendering hostility in your teammates.

Also, for anyone who is thinking "QQ some more noob" you are probably the people this message is for. Maybe you should reread paragraph 2 and apply it in the field.

#2 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

yes when some one or a group of some ones run out and die in the first couple minutes of a battle I think saying your team full of baddies is valid, when you have lights who would rather fight a assault then RTB when needed I think saying your team full of baddies is again valid...I could go on but I wont. And for paragraph 2, well...no one listens or maybe cant read...not sure which. Either way the occasional rage post in game when due to failed puggies is perfectly acceptable and to be expected. Just ignore it if it bothers you. :)

#3 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

While those are valid reasons to call someone out you still cant claim bad team because of 1 or 2 bad players. You are missing the point, there needs to be less people blamng their team for their loss and more people trying to help and work togther. Also, if you take lance or team command I have noticed that most players will at least loosely follow.

For the record, I call pople out on my team all the time but in team chat because I actually want them to do better not make myself feel better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users