• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

DON'T BE A PU**Y, AIM YOURSELF

Look, I'm in a Light, I gotta run, shoot, cap, twist, dodge, jump, slide, watch out for my Legs and occasionally a*al-probing - I got lots of sh*t to do. I'm not gonna risk losing my legs for you just to keep track on the first enemy that pops into my screen - unless he's alone and slow as f**k, then I will do so and you should consider yourself lucky. Other than that, you have a pair of eyes and fingers. Use them.

BE A MAN, GET A BIG ENGINE

Now you understand that your friendly Lights have no duty to aim for you, it's up to yourself to keep your a** up with teammates, so you could get a clear view for yourself and your team, and your missile won't take two f**king hours to reach their targets who could've probably run into cover already.

Also, if your slow a** can't go over even 50 km/h and decides to sit behind clicking those red cubes, when your a**hole gets wrecked by a bunch of Lights, hey, not my f**king problem. I've got plenty myself in front of me.

Which leads to a few other things:

BRING YOUR OWN DA*N TAG/BAP/BACK-UP GUN

Science have proved that LRMboat without those items mentioned above have a 57% higher uselessness when enemy front lance is shielded by a DDC, a 74% better chance of being torn apart one body part after another and a 98% higher chance of being a*al probed by Lights equipped with ECM. You have been warned.

STOP LRM BOMBING THOSE DA*N LIGHTS

In case you're blind, when you shoot at anything smaller than a Cicada, unless your target is legged, they'll outrun half of your missiles, of which will hit the ground. Then why the f**k are your still shooting at them?? Look, you throw a single salvo of LRM at each of them Lights, you scratch them a bit, you go collect those Kill Assist rewards and call it a day. You got bigger fishes to fry. Know your f**king place and leave counter-Light duty to other Lights or SSRM person.

That's all I can think of for now. Will update if more comes.

Edited by Helmstif, 10 January 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#2 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

I bring a big engine I get up where the action is I lock my own targets but I dont worry about backup groupings, I go all lrm and im not afraid to die.

#3 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

You can do a fair bit of damage to lights with LRMs if you have a good TAG lock, and you do need to lean on your team to defend you from enemy lights to some degree, but otherwise I agree with that post, Helm. It's very impractical to expect people to lock & hold targets for you when they are in the middle of heated battles, and very unrealistic too.

The old thinking was "lights bring the TAG" but in practice, the LRM 'mechs are the ones that need it. If someone else IS carrying TAG, it's better to be brawlers, ironically; they have to hold on-target way more than light 'mechs.

#4 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

dont cry for help just snake through friendly territory rounding your teammates like waypoints ( in hope the light will become either distracted or your team will become distracted ) if the light stays focused on you and directs no fireat your fellow pugs on the way past there is a good chance nobody will involve themselves in your little drama.

this doesn't happen too often but if and when it does ( and it will ) have the good grace to die with dignity and while maneuvering in hope of loosing the termites just keep locking anything viable and unloading till you fall ^_^

#5 Katus

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

My main LRM boat has a top end of 80.7 KPH with speed tweak. I also carry TAG, BAP and Artemis as well as the adv sensor range and adv decay modules. This limits me to 30 tubes, but with 2340 rounds to use I can last the whole battle spreading Lurm Love to the masses.

As to lights holding locks. They are appreciated, even a PUG is a team and if you want help from me then provide me with a lock. If you happen to waste the tonnage to carry a TAG then when ever I see the TAG hash mark I assume that you what the offending party to have a bad day, and I aim to provide that bad day. That said we don't live in a vacuum (even on the HPG Manifold map) and I need team mates to maximize my performance and I am not afraid to admit that the better my team performs the better I perform and the more likely that the team I am on will win.

Personally, I don't like wasting ammo on lights unless I have LOS and TAG on them unless they are harassing my spotters in which case I will drop a salvo or two just to give the fellow something else to think about for a few moments. When Lurming I exist for the sole purpose of support for my team. I am not there for glory, kills or damage totals, I am there to support my team and force the enemy to REact rather than to ACT. If they are running from a rain of Lurm death then they are less likely to be getting inside my team's decision loop and ruining my day.

Helmstif, if you want the support of your team's Lurmers then hold the locks, if not, don't. Either way it is your game to play how YOU want not how someone else would have you do so.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e48a51afd59d5c3

#6 naters718

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

lights are primarily scout mechs, scouting out the enemy, some have good weapon potential for dealing decent damage. but by no means are you an assault mech. your primary job should be scouting for your medium, heavy, and assaults to see where the enemy is at. there speed gives them great advantage against assaults that is true. but the way most people run them it becomes all about them. and that is a big reason that there is a lot of one sided battles. do it how you want but without teamwork, which is what you are advocating your teams will not win often. that being said.. all lrm boats should be have artemis atleast and some defense for themselves. turned my golden boy into a lrm baot of sorts... and he has defense not much but enough and he does well with or without help. if you run an lrm boat with no defense then your just asking for trouble.

#7 Katus

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I play with a four man group on occasion and we will run 3 Lurm boats and a spotter. We will rack up over 800 pts of damage for the 3 Lurm boats and a 100 or so for our spotter. More than once our lance has accounted for more damage and kills then the other two lances combined.

#8 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostKatus, on 10 January 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

I play with a four man group on occasion and we will run 3 Lurm boats and a spotter. We will rack up over 800 pts of damage for the 3 Lurm boats and a 100 or so for our spotter. More than once our lance has accounted for more damage and kills then the other two lances combined.

An LRM boat that is setup to be self-reliant will turn in similar numbers without the aid of a spotter entirely. Spotters are luxuries.

#9 Katus

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Indeed, and that is more or less what I put out if I happen into a good PUG. That however dose not negate the utility of a dedicated spotter in such a four man group. Handling Lurms is all about the good of the team not personal glory, kills or match score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users