9 replies to this topic

#1 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Would just like to say that my Mech needs only one arm and that the other one (even without armor) still takes up a lot of tonnage. I would like to completely remove it. Can we please do this via an option in the Hangar? It would reward players with simpler loadouts by allowing more heatsinks/ammo/a bigger gun in the couple hardpoints we have in the rest of the Mech.

Its really annoying to see that extra arm get blown off every game, too...kinda destroys morale on your team as an Assault xD

#2 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm not sure you thought this through. That unused arm is a wonderful shield, and something for your opponents to waste time, heat, and ammo on.

#3 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Also ... it doesn't actually 'weigh' anything if there is no equipment in it and no armor on it. Not to mention you lose 8-10 crit slots that you could put equipment, Endo, or FF in (depending on how many actuators are in the arm). You definitely don't want to lose it if for no other reason than that.

#4 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

How about ripping off your arm to smash another Mech with. Or grab a dead commando and use your commando beat-stick as a weapon.

#5 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

use your other arm as a shield. if you didnt have a second arm you would be cored real fast

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, removing the arm is foolish; It protects your side torso.

I can guarantee you'd get cored a LOT faster without it.

#7 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostPezzer, on 09 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Would just like to say that my Mech needs only one arm and that the other one (even without armor) still takes up a lot of tonnage. I would like to completely remove it. Can we please do this via an option in the Hangar? It would reward players with simpler loadouts by allowing more heatsinks/ammo/a bigger gun in the couple hardpoints we have in the rest of the Mech.

Its really annoying to see that extra arm get blown off every game, too...kinda destroys morale on your team as an Assault xD

Honestly, I can't tell if he is serious or just trolling... ;)

gonna go with troll :)

#8 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

It's a mech, not a mister potato head.

Just think of the vestigial arm as a shield (you still have internal structure points even if you strip off all the armor, after all).

Hell, on the Cicadas, that's pretty much what they are.

#9 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well I would be fine with using my arm as a shield if it didn't give enemy players an instant "congrats, assist!" creds bonus...

Plus, it literally takes like 1 AC/10 shot to take it off, making it about as useful as a buckler on my mech.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure the actuators are each like a half-ton apiece. Could be wrong tho. It counts for extra tonnage, or at least used to in previous patches.

#10 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Give me your arm so I can slap you with it for thinking your arm is worthless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users