1 reply to this topic

#1 ICUBurn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

well me and my friend decided it was time to teach his nephew and one of our other friends how to play Battletech this past weekend. so folowing an awsome cookout of ribs burgers hotdogs bacon wraped shrimp and plenty of soda and chips the 2 new guys built themsemves a lance of 1 of each weight class (we helped em durring the week a bit before hand) we all randomly picked minis to represent our mechs cause they were all custom mechs so we did a by size for the most part. we finaly started the game at midnight.

Posted Image

our other friend is a batman freak so we let him play using his batman clix. this was after combat round 2 and his 2 "Bat"tlemechs on the left (medium and heavy) survives 2 rounds of full out onslought from my friends sons (lower right) assault(catapult) heavy(blue mech) and medium(legs). my friends son lost his heavy to an amazing 5 count em 5 rolls of a 2 on the hit location resaulting in 8 total critical hits to the CT from a volly of 4 SSrm4's from team batmans heavy mech. (yes that atlas in the backround is painted to look like the joker. the minis were painted over a year ago and we did it as a joke. but talk about scary howd you liek to run into a 100 ton joker?)

Posted Image

this is the view from our friends seat. accrost the table from him is my friends nephew(also new to the game) and me in the upper right and my friend sitting way back on the far left waiting for us to murder eachother before swooping in, wich he did in the following round and started slaughtering what was left of his nephews and our frends forces.
in the first round my light mech (pink mech toting a uac20) managed to remove an arm and a leg completly from his nephews medium mech(the urban camo hunchback laying on its face) even with partial cover. he had yet to manage to stand by round 2 combat when this photo was taken.

Posted Image
View from my side of the field with my assault mech (thor running a 100 ton Gausszilla build) and my medium (dragon) Heavy(awsome) and my light (pink panther) my heavy and assault are going after my friends nephews heavy mech just off screen to the right. needles to say it died to a heavy with 2 erppc and 2 lrm20 and an alpha from gausszilla this round.

anyway we ended up calling the game after 3 rounds because it was going on 6 am because of using the first round to teach everything and get everything moving it took a long time to go threw 5 people at 4 mechs each.

Edited by ICUBurn, 28 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#2 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Good job on teaching the game to some new players.

Very very very very bad job for letting them use batman models to represent mechs. You are bad and should feel bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users