• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

HGN-732

HGN-733

HGN-733C

I won't lie, the Victor has been a disappointment for me. While it moves fast and that's great, there is one HUGE issue that I have noticed:

Why would I even bother with it when my Orion has the same firepower, better hard points, and only really lacks the jump jets?
Before anyone says anything, I even considered throwing in the same engine as the Orion has (STD300) and seeing if that made a difference, it was so nominal to me it was almost meaningless for me to spend the C-bills to make the change.

I am not a big fan of running an XL in something that I plan on running right into the face of the enemy anyways, I have done that in my jagermech a lot and while I have pummeled the snot out of some people before, I also have been dropped really easy in it too.

I am kinda curious to see how the Battlemaster is going to pan out, I am guessing that it's going to be somewhere between one of my Orions and the Highlander builds I posted.

#2 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

in every build you arent bringing enough ammo.
I bring 4 tons of gauss, 2 tons of srm for srm6x2 ((You are shooting ~20+srm a volley), and 2 ton for LRM15.
In the brawler (733C from what i see) you want more than 1jj for the snap turns to spread damage and get those buggers behind you.

Putting a ML and a LL in the same spot has never done me well. Adds another unnecessary grouping imo.
no need to have gauss ammo in the legs, its inert. put it in the arms to pad crits

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...79972fd39bac75c

i use the 300, a 325 is nice but not a deal breaker. 4/5kph not that much imo

Edited by kevin roshak, 13 October 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#3 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

LOL @ the notion that an Orion > Victor!

#4 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

HGN-733C

Here we go. It's compatible with all three off the non sucking ballistic platforms

View PostNRP, on 13 October 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

LOL @ the notion that an Orion > Victor!

You laugh I'm quite serious, I prefer my Orions to my Victor.

#5 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

You should run an AC20 in the 733C : HGN-733C

#6 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

View Posttib3r, on 13 October 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I am not a big fan of running an XL in something that I plan on running right into the face of the enemy anyways, I have done that in my jagermech a lot and while I have pummeled the snot out of some people before, I also have been dropped really easy in it too.

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to run face first into someone with it. If you' charge right at them and take their counter fire while closing into range, yeah, you're gonna get your torsos blown out pretty quick. You use that extra speed and maneuverability to flank the enemy and beat them to a bloody pulp with your AC/20 & SRMs.

As for your Highlanders you're going too big on your Engines. Try 275s in them instead. You don't get much extra speed, but the ability to put a Heat Sink in the Engine gives much needed room. The Jump Jets make up for the reduced speed. If you go with the traditional AC/20, MLs, 3xSRM6 build for the 733C you can use a 300 engine.

Also your 732 build has AMS, but no AMS ammo.

#7 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

For the 733C, I'd recommend something more like this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0e7f2cb775b96a0

Plenty of ammo and firepower. Solid heat efficiency, and near-max speed/agility. There's nothing flashy about it. You can run the same builds on an atlas (or even a victor) - but it works like a champ all the same.

#8 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Or if you just want to get plain nasty:

HGN-733C

Edited by NRP, 14 October 2013 - 10:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users