Patch June 4Th - LIVE!

81 replies to this topic

#61 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostLong Range Missile platform XVII, on 04 June 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

The Orb's Adventures beyond the ultraworld.

the fruit has been planted .

So you like Little Fluffy Clouds, do you?

#62 Drag0nsBayne

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostSource Control, on 04 June 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be great if it was Clan Tech? I'll keep dreaming. :)

If I am following the time line correctly, it is now June 4th, 3050. The first wave of the clan invasion has begun so we should start seeing some omni's soon.

#63 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Fantastic sounding patch. Some stability fixes and gameplay balances.

Sounds like most of the Beta bugs are been ironed out, maybe we can actually move at a faster clip towards getting new feature/content in!

#64 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 04 June 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

No, they are still working on damage numbers. Now that the spread is reduced, and HSR is in, the impact of SRMs on the field might need a little re-evaluation in Live matches.

well PP is right, PGI better start evaluate SRMs with the new spread and HSR before buffing them again, instead of over buffing them and creating another "meta" (sick of that word). But, I'm a guy with a ping under 50-60 and I can already tell SRMs will need a small damage buff, even with HSR in.

#65 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 04 June 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

So I guess PGi is officially against pop tarting, huh?

They have been for quite a while actually, and had stated previously that they planned on addressing the issue.

#66 Darril Traubel

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Mine 270-280.... i dont agree XD

#67 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, SRMs do need a damage buff. SRM Striker builds (especially on mediums like most Trebs, Cent 9AL, Hunchie 4SP) definitely need some love now. Also considering that upcoming Quickdraw is gonna be fullfilling that role as well (barring PPC poptarting), I guess we're gonna see another SRM tuning pass before the next patch.

#68 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 04 June 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

They have been for quite a while actually, and had stated previously that they planned on addressing the issue.

Yeah, they mentioned the shake addition before, but that random targeting offset kind of came out of nowhere, didn't it? Or did I just miss that?

#69 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

JJ and crosshair shake does nothing to fix jump sniping. I can still do it perfectly fine on the way down. :)

#70 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I take that back. It is much harder to hit a moving target now.

#71 FiiFoo

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for the missile HSR, but SRM need more love. Needs more damage and has still too much spread (with or without Artemis). And for the love of god, make spread of SRM2 < SRM4 < SRM6 as it used to be.

#72 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yet another indirect nerf to Jenners. :)

Almost every patch since open beta started has had an indirect nerf on Jenners. Collision removal, engine overhaul, Streak buff, ECM, LL and PPC heat redux, JJ nerf, JJ renerf, SRM damage redux, SRM spread horribad "fix", slowed actual speed of all mechs, etc, and now, yet another JJ nerf.

The Jump Jets for each weight class are distinct and different items. Please revert JJ's for light mechs to pre-patch barely-usefulness, and nerf the hell out of JJ's on heavies and assaults.

Edited by Kunae, 04 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#73 MurnShaw

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFlushing, NY

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I don't think this is a tax, I think this is a discouragement. I think the parallel here is to rocket jumping. Poptarting is a tactic that is an indirect result of gameplay mechanics. Players utilize it because it provides an edge, just like rocket jumping, despite the fact that the tactic runs parallel or counter to the original intentions of the mechanics in question. But whereas rocket jumping encourages mobility, fluidity, and ultimately more interesting interactions in more varied environments, poptarting currently creates obstacles that essentially discourage interactions between opposing players. When you see a poptart, you either poptart them right back or you avoid them until you can get behind them. It doesn't help with engagement, it doesn't help with play.

Once lateral JJ movement and higher speeds are incorporated into the game (along with any other possible tools that the developers come up with, via modules or weapons), poptarting may become less of an issue . But right now, it's simply not as fun to use or to counter.

View PostBobdolemite, on 04 June 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Random taxes on skill (IE modifications that take skill out of the equation to introduce unavoidable randomness) are never good for a game, especially ones where ability to aim separates a good player from a bad player. Waiting before I build my soap box but I am guessing this will make it so that I cant roll my Jenner or Treb any longer, and forget about that Cataphract 3D or Highlander.

Somehow no one learned to flank poptarts? I tried to tell em but they couldnt hear over the sound of their tears *shrug*

*Note* Disappointed about lack of SRM damage changes, was really hoping for viable SRM's to bring back brawling.

#74 Blade Pride

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 June 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Jump jetting now cause:
  • Screen shake - Jump jetting Mechs shake while jump jets are active.
  • Cross hair shake - Cross-hair shake while jump jets are active.
  • Weapon fire spread - Aiming weapons is randomly offset while jump jets are active.

Just gave this a try in my Jenner and Highlander and its not too game changing for me. One thing I did notice, shouldn’t the cross hair shake more when zoomed-in then when zoom-out?

Also the cross-hair shake is hard on the eyes.

Edited by Blade Pride, 04 June 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#75 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Oh god thank you thank you thank you for fixing that disconnect malformed packet bug!!!! I can't wait to try it out tonight!!!!

#76 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Performance

Host State Rewinding Phase 3 (Missile weapons)
  • Users should no longer have firing delay when shooting missile weapons
  • Users should now be able to hit moving targets with these weapons even when experiencing latency up to ~450 ms
    • Affected weapons: SRM2, SRM4, SRM6, NARC

Can one of you devs clarify. So you mean to say HSR missiles does NOT effect LRM's?

If so can one of you comment on the fact that LRM's look to be missing wide open targets (esp. lights) currently?

Is there going to be some sort of HSR to address this?

You can ask people like Wispy who have basically come out and said LRM's can't hurt his light mech unless he is stationary.

#77 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

shame patch day always brings out the worst in people :angry:
notice how there are allot of people basically trolling anyone who complains about a recent change in patch

personally i think the jumpjet change is fine and anyway who doesn't love toasting poptarts <_<

but yea there is always one or more thing pgi breaks every bi/monthly patch so its all just casual :ph34r:

#78 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

General
  • Users can take screenshots by hitting the PrtScn button. Screenshots are saved in the the USER folder in the main directory of MechWarrior Online.
- The MechWarrior Online Team

OHMYGODTHANKYOU.

#79 Zabadoo

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

The part about fixing random crashes at mech lab. Um. Nope. Up until today I think I crashed out of game 10 times since I started closed beta on my vista 64 os. Now since patch I crash almost after every match. I disconnect from game at the mech lab a lot. Mostly while waiting for it to boot up the whole lab. So why does it show home page then you wait 1 minute then I reloads with other tabs?

#80 Filter41

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

thx to devs for the good patch! jumper-shaker-view is great, i gained some fps and lots of little other things... looking forward to the new UI, but i am missing the Orion... keep it on!

Edited by Filter41, 05 June 2013 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users