How I Adapted To The New Jump Jet Shake...

2 replies to this topic

#1 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

On my Catapult:

I removed all the Jump Jets and replaced them with more double heat sinks, more LRMs and more armor.

On my Jenner:

I removed all the Jump Jets and replaced them with more double heat sinks, a BAP and more armor.

Now I know the cockpit and reticule shake was done to counter "poptarting" (which I think was a viable strategy) but I think the actual result of this change will be for people to simply just not bother with Jump Jets at all anymore. That's no way to help balance the game, it just makes for problems in other areas. All we will see is more boats, more stalkers and less strategy. I know, I know, my tears are delicious. This game reminds me of "whack a mole". They make a patch and then have to run out and hotfix the mess. They make a patch and then have to run out and hotfix the mess and so on. I know, I know, the game is still in BETA.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 06 June 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#2 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Haha, when I read the title I was going to say, I adapted by not using them anymore... and that was the whole topic anyway... chapeau!

#3 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

I've noticed a marked increase in D-DCs and Stalkers loaded to the brim with long-range high alpha builds to fill the gap that the poptarts left. There is just as little variety as before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users