3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Things that I want to know about you:
  • Of what merc company, faction, group of rambunctious teenage dropouts, etc. are you a captain?
  • Why aren't you Captain Morgan?
  • If you ARE Captain Morgan, why can't I ever get drunk?
  • If you AREN'T Captain Morgan, is there a little captain in you?
  • Why did you choose the name "Captain ______________?"
  • If there isn't a reason, why didn't you try to make something up profound and meaningful like everybody else?
  • What is your flagship?
  • Its name and paint job?
  • Do you approve of giving your suboordinates cooler looking mechs than you?
  • And, most importantly: Little bobblehead hula dancers in your cockpit: YES OR NO?

I'll go first.
  • I am Captain Fabulous of the Clan "Gung Ho Herpderps" (see thread "the clans, like raisins, ruin everything").
  • I didn't think to be Captain Morgan when I was reserving my pilot name.
  • I WISH I KNEW THE ANSWER TO THIS.
  • Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be here.
  • Because of an ongoing joke with a few Battletech friends and I regarding my Jenner.
  • Jenner JR7-F and a canon Trebuchet, depending on my mood.
  • The Jenner is neon pink and is called the "Man Van." I think I've said this in about five or six different threads now.
  • I'm okay with it, because they usually get blown up first.
  • YES.

#2 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

• Hyades Irregulars, Taurian Defense Force. Well, technically I'm a Subaltern, which is the equivalent rank, but Captain is easier for less well-educated spheroids to remember and spell.

• Because I am neither named Morgan nor a vermin pirate.

• Nope, not even a little. I don't drink, you see. Inebriation would undermine the aura of dour, no-nonsense professionalism that Taurian officers work hard to cultivate.

• Captain Nice Hardrive (just one d) is my usual online gaming handle. The name originates from a funny street sign I read once (Nice Hard Dr), which I co-opted as a character name. The first character to bear the name was a Captain, and so the rank stuck. The single d is a typo that I have lazily never bothered to fix.

• I don't have a flagship; I'm not that sort of captain.

I do, however, pilot a WHM-6R Warhammer, although I've been eying those fancy new -7M models coming out of the TTI factories on Taurus. I may purchase an upgrade kit. Additionally, we captured a Davion DVS-1D Devastator awhile back. The intention is to use it in the company assault lance once it has been refitted with double-strength freezers and a pair of Diverse Optics Sunflare Blazer Cannons we ordered from Sterope, but if shipping delays continue for much longer, I may end up having to pilot it myself for a want of other qualified pilots.

Oh, and the Company DropShip is a Union.

• I've nicknamed my BattleMech 'Sledgehammer', and the aforementioned DropShip is christened the Afterglow. The Devastator doesn't have a proper name yet.

• The dullest, most uninteresting shade of dirt brown you can imagine. We used to have red and gold accents too, but the Taurian Guard complained. Some of the astechs have jokingly suggested that we replace our current paint-job with leopard-skin or faux wood paneling.

• As long as the relative 'coolness' of their rides doesn't impede their battlefield effectiveness, I really don't care.

• I'll pass on the bobblehead hula dancers in favor of BattleMech miniatures with magnetic bases. There is a certain sort of zen symmetry in having a the cockpit of a 'Mech plastered with tiny scale models of itself.

#3 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostCaptain Nice HD, on 08 November 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

• I'll pass on the bobblehead hula dancers in favor of BattleMech miniatures with magnetic bases. There is a certain sort of zen symmetry in having a the cockpit of a 'Mech plastered with tiny scale models of itself.

I had considered that at one point, but then I decided "meh, the hula dancers are more ridiculous."

#4 Mechwarrior Of Rock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationERROR 404

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

I am Captain of the N.S.L. (New Star League).
Who`s Captain Morgan?
Who`s Captain Morgan?
Who`s Captain Morgan?
All of my names have something to do with a wolf for some reason. (ElWolf70, KillerWolf70 CaptainWolf70 etc.) and the number 70.
I use a custom Mad Cat.
My Mad Cat`s color vary`s and I call it, Raptor`s Claw.
Yes because it is nice to have a Atlas and or Thor to help blow stuff up. :)
NO. But i do have A little hotwheel Time machine from back to the future.

Edited by Captain Wolfus Maximus, 29 November 2011 - 08:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users