People Crying "motion Sickness" To Try To Get The Poptart Meta Back Are Jerks

14 replies to this topic

#1 BootHands

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

There's no real need for a body to this. The title is just something I wanted to get off my chest, so I'll leave this here:

Edited by BootHands, 08 June 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Poptarts still legitimate tactic, people do get sick by the way... stop being antagonistic you ******* jagoff.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostSoy, on 08 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Poptarts still legitimate tactic, people do get sick by the way... stop being antagonistic you ******* jagoff.

agree with the people getting sick (some people have vision issues, sucks to be them), but can't agree with the terms "poptart" and "legit" in the same sentence. My lactose intolerance hits me like a bunker buster!

#4 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

What the **** is so unacceptable to you about poptarting?
Have you ever played any other combat game, ever?

Bunny hopping? Hello? Mario Brothers? Megaman? ANY FPS?

Careful.

#5 BootHands

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostSoy, on 08 June 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Careful.

Poptarting is perfectly legitimate, and I wish it hadn't been nerfed out of the game.

That being said, people claiming medical problems to try to get their way in an online game are the scum of the ******* earth and dickheads of the highest order.

Edited by BootHands, 08 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#6 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think a medical reason is more legitimate than a 'whine-cuz-i-suck' reason.

Also, it's still in game just 99.99% of people doing it previously were flavor of the month bandwagoner fadkids; they weren't actual guys who were skilled in tarting.

Edited by Soy, 08 June 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#7 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

The OP defines everything that is wrong with the MWO community.

Frankly with the way things are going, Xbox Live mouthbreathers are starting to sound like good company.

#8 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Good thing is that normal people are still majority and PGI doesn't need to cater to various disabled groups too much to earn money. If you're unfit for duty of mechwarrior even in PC sim, just don't try, go play Windows Minesweeper. It begins with comforting daltonics (well, switiching from green to cyan markers or something like this still doesn't punish other players), continues with adjusting gameplay features for motion-sick crocks and ends with introduction of random weapon spread to compensate for absent hand-eye coordination of cerebral palsy patients and with amputees "winning" politically corrected "beauty contests". Let the fittest survive!

Still I'm not sure about legitimacy of the poptarting. Tabletop analogies should be used with care, because not only jumping, but running/walking movement there is separate phase from shooting - just because of tabletop limitation, not because it makes sense in "real" BT universe. Is there any to-hit penalties introduced in the TT if the mech jumped during movement phase prior to firing its weapons?

#9 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Interestingly enough, someone has claimed a disability to argue game mechanics before. Back when blaming premades became a fad it was argued that pugs would have a better time in game if they had a combination of ingame voice, as well as a communication system like you find in various other games for a quick voice command.

The argument? A lot of people came forward saying they were deaf and therefor no one else could have nice things.

Also, god forbid if someone mixes as many lasers as possible on their mech. It would be Pokemon all over again.

Edited by Wired, 14 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#10 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

I sense much rage in this thread.

Some talk about poptarts being inept jerks... and do so in harsh terms. May I suggest you get over your own juvenile rage? They nerfed it. You should be happy not raging.

TBH they over nerfed JJs. They could have just made the reticule expand while JJing and have a cone fire effect so that accuracy decreases at distance. They went overboard and made the whole thing shake like mad, the reticle shake like crazy and more.

Some people do get crosseyed at all the wonky motion. I've done a lot less JJing since then even though I mainly use a Jenner. I wish they would fix an issue without "fixing" everyone else with a huge sledge hammer.

Edited by Seddrik, 14 June 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#11 Hellboy561

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

I think the JumpJet shake is perfectly acceptable. Sorry if your 90 ton war machine shakes abit while flying around the battlefield with rockets attached to its backside, next people will be complaining that they're getting motion sickness when they walk around the battlefield...

Think about it, put yourself ACTUALLY in the year 3050 and inside a Mech, if you thew up because of the shake while jumping, you would never be put in a jump capable Mech again!

My advice: If you can't deal with the JumpJet shake. Don't use JumpJets.

Edited by Hellboy561, 14 June 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#12 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostSoy, on 08 June 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Careful.

sure and while we are at it let's and some mushrooms that make out mechs bigger, stars that make us invincible for a short time ,allow us to re-load ammo by walking over destroyed mechs and something to repair/heal damage because those thing we all in other games as well.

#13 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostFabe, on 14 June 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

sure and while we are at it let's and some mushrooms that make out mechs bigger, stars that make us invincible for a short time ,allow us to re-load ammo by walking over destroyed mechs and something to repair/heal damage because those thing we all in other games as well.

I see the point the other guy is trying to make(and I disagree, bunnyhopping never made a game good), but I like this one better. Also, when I defeat a mech i want to be able to steal its powers.

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostBootHands, on 08 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Poptarting is perfectly legitimate, and I wish it hadn't been nerfed out of the game.

That being said, people claiming medical problems to try to get their way in an online game are the scum of the ******* earth and dickheads of the highest order.

Agree that jump-sniping is a consequence of the game design and see nothing wrong with using it. Jumping is NOT a smooth action, though, and you just need to adjust, much like you say everybody must adjust to ECM, etc...

I have friends that are color-blind - a genetic difference and they gripe, but they do adjust and continue to play, nausea is not the same thing so quit whinging and either stop jump-sniping or learn to do it better to minimize your "discomfort".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users