What Are You Doing To Prepare For Operation Revival?

49 replies to this topic

#21 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 January 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Assuming you are an average Clan warrior.. You have 27 years.. You are playing in 3067.. you are born in 3040! Sorry man, you watched the invasion on TV! :)

Nah they just like my DNA so much they clone me a lot! XD

And idk about you, but if meta is same around Clan Invasion the Clanners will have to use IS mechs to win.

#22 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

I will be preparing in the simulator and on the field, and perhaps rewrite the timeline so there is no Tukayyid, quiaff ?

general question for our invasion ( expansion pack) if I purchase the Khan pack, will there be an option to play both gold skinned mechs and normal camo choices too. IE: Green, digital, desert, Arctic ?

Thank you

#23 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

what am i doing?

praying that the clans and their "factions" are in an seperate character select from the freebirth characters we have.

so that maybe clans and factions will mean more than just banners and mech branding. so that the goodies and baddies of this IP may show itself and at last an attraction to keep playing can be developed.

then again what else would you expect from dezgra devs? they do nothing to promote the universe immersion. we'll be fighting like suirats with their c-bills in their UI and on their terms with even numbered teams and tech nerfed to their level. no trueborn flavour is coming so i'm not wasting my time and money.

#24 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

I'll be selling out my Clan tech schematics to my freebirth friends. Life of a mercenary has always been my calling.
Call me a dezgra for siding with the IS and I'll make surat skinned boots out of your wimpy jade falcon hide.
That way I can kick the rest of your touman's arses in style. Ah ha ha ha!

View PostMarthe Pryde, on 09 January 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

As fare as preparedeness goes, I think I'm ready. not just need to form a couple million cbills
Posted Image

Thanks for showing that you support developers that cannot stick to deadlines, you've just given PGI the best excuse why they feel it's more than adequate to produce less than sub standard quality content at more than ridiculous prices (in terms of this is supposed to be a micro transaction business modal). Have fun being a painted target.

Edited by PanzerMagier, 16 January 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#25 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Well, I'm continuing as always dude. Playing and having fun!

#26 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

getting the gold pack, can you change the gold skin to normal camo's ?

#27 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Getting up early ´erry day, doing the "Rocky Balboa" training regimen, some light stretching afterwards, should be enough I reckon.
;)

@Panzermagier: Oh you, but fair enough ...

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 16 January 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#28 CLANBOY FFI

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

Just some quick questions if i may, will there be set clans to join like we have now? or do we just make our own. at the moment there is no function in game to make a clan.I keep seeing players asking us to join their clans how is that meant to work then. And what is Operation Revival?

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

View Postclanboy, on 16 January 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Just some quick questions if i may, will there be set clans to join like we have now? or do we just make our own. at the moment there is no function in game to make a clan.I keep seeing players asking us to join their clans how is that meant to work then. And what is Operation Revival?

Clans in MWO refer to the canon Clans in the BattleTech universe. You may want to read here for more info (not totally accurate sometimes). Gaming clans are called "Merc Corps" in MWO ;)

Operation Revival is the invasion of the Inner Sphere.

Edited by CyclonerM, 16 January 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#30 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 16 January 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Thanks for showing that you support developers that cannot stick to deadlines, you've just given PGI the best excuse why they feel it's more than adequate to produce less than sub standard quality content at more than ridiculous prices (in terms of this is supposed to be a micro transaction business modal). Have fun being a painted target.

- says the proud "closed beta veteran" founder who bought overlord

Edited by Marthe Pryde, 16 January 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#31 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

I bought the Masakari Collection and I am currently training in my Vicotor 9S, also, I will be registering on the CJF website very soon!

#32 Skylen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostMarthe Pryde, on 16 January 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

- says the proud "closed beta veteran" founder who bought overlord

-says the moron that got sucked into spending $500 on a digital mech.

Edited by Skylen, 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#33 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

View PostSkylen, on 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

-says the moron that got sucked into spending $500 on a digital mech.

Are you jealous that someone has enough disposable income to buy a $500 digital (actually, it is binary) mech, because that is the only reason why it would bother you?

View PostJames Pryde IIC, on 16 January 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

If you are going to change the color, then why buy the gold mech?

View PostRad Hanzo, on 16 January 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Getting up early ´erry day, doing the "Rocky Balboa" training regimen, some light stretching afterwards, should be enough I reckon.
:o

@Panzermagier: Oh you, but fair enough ...

LOL, I hoist a beer to my mouth and stay up far later than I should.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 20 February 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#34 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

I have read up some on the clans but am still fairly limited in my knowledge. Do some clans only use certain mechs, like does Jade Falcon only use certain clan mechs? I heard that some IS forces only use certain mechs and was wondering if the same held true for the clans.

#35 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostNeovictorian, on 04 March 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

I have read up some on the clans but am still fairly limited in my knowledge. Do some clans only use certain mechs, like does Jade Falcon only use certain clan mechs? I heard that some IS forces only use certain mechs and was wondering if the same held true for the clans.

Jade Falcons Favor a few mechs, but also they only produce certain ones. Mainly Uller, Loki, and Thor. However, clans have a habbit of sending raiding parties to other clans and challenging them for the mechs they are using/building, that's how alot of clans get other clan built mechs/blueprints, besides trade. Clan Wolf are currently the only producers of the Mad Cat in this time line, but they frequently raid and are raided by Clan Jade Falcon. CJF captures Mad Cats in raid, CW salvages what CJF mechs are disabled during fight. So on and so forth...

Mechs availabe to IS are dictated by what they produce and what they salvage. Clans raiding, using trials and ritual combat, makes aquiring intact mechs a lot easier than just salvaging them like the IS does. Also, Clans would rather have the chance to capture the mech factory or mechs from it, IS factions would rather nuke the factory from orbit to deny the enemy either.

#36 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

That is exactly the answer I was looking for, mech acquisition and use is different because the IS and Clans are such radically different cultures. Thanks for the thorough answer.

#37 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Saving up to get my timberwolf
i already have my storm crow

Then going to paint them blue and silver...clan coyote colors. Going to look awesome with the phase one camo!

then invade whatever..

rinse and repeat

I can't wait, bring us CW already!!!

Edited by Grimwill, 15 April 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#38 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

eating cheezels

#39 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostJames Pryde IIC, on 15 January 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

I will be preparing in the simulator and on the field, and perhaps rewrite the timeline so there is no Tukayyid, quiaff ?

general question for our invasion ( expansion pack) if I purchase the Khan pack, will there be an option to play both gold skinned mechs and normal camo choices too. IE: Green, digital, desert, Arctic ?

Thank you

From what I gather, the gold mechs are seperate mechs, so you get your whole Masakari Collection and an extra Gold Khan Prime variant. Color wise there are two options. If it is a Shiny Camo with Gold coloring then you can change the color but not the shininess (as that would be linked to the Camo and can't change camo on Hero/Prime), so shiny black mechs maybe? Or the Gold is just a color in which case it will be exactly like a Prime variant but with an extra color.

Edited by Forte, 13 May 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#40 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

They took down the damn timeline clock along time ago... but if MWO came out in 3050, isn't it 3052 now? Operation Revival ends June 3052. Lol, us clanners are looking like Germany circa 1943 now :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users