Incredible Shots

81 replies to this topic

#1 Avengar

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

so I have the zoom module but for some reason people can hit me from almost across the board when I can't even see them with my mod all I can see is erppc's appearing, I have everything set for max. I also don't get how people can hit me through a forest of trees and partially covered by a hill from extreme range and when I am under ecm yet I can't see them. How are people hitting these incredible blind shots.

#2 Petroshka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

The zoom module is buggy and sucks - don't use it. If you lower your graphics to minimum, you will see things better. You will even wallhack at a distance as buildings and trees are not visible far out (but enemies are).

This makes River City, for example, a stupid map, as you can see exactly where the enemy is going.

Edited by Petroshka, 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#3 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

View PostAvengar, on 17 June 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

I have everything set for max.

There's your problem.

Set your graphics to the lowest possible setting.

All the trees will disappear and enemy mechs will be rendered at 2x the distance.

#4 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Skill™

...or h4x?

#5 PEEFsmash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostAvengar, on 17 June 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

so I have the zoom module but for some reason people can hit me from almost across the board when I can't even see them with my mod all I can see is erppc's appearing, I have everything set for max. I also don't get how people can hit me through a forest of trees and partially covered by a hill from extreme range and when I am under ecm yet I can't see them. How are people hitting these incredible blind shots.

Some people have good aim. Hate to tell you, but people aren't hacking, they can just aim well and quickly.

#6 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Some people have good aim. Hate to tell you, but people aren't hacking, they can just aim well and quickly.

PEEF would know...being at the very top tier of elo. A true competitive genius!

#7 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

It's also worth noting that if you've been spotted, and people can lock you with R, your mech is dead center in the big red box.
You don't even need to see someone to hit them reliably.

#8 Odnir

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Keep your eyes peeled is all I can say.

For example, on River City Night, if you don't use night vision or thermal and just work with the plain ol' regular view and let your eyes adjust, you can see all the way from the upper starting base to the lower one and take potshots with your longest range weapons.

Sometimes unassisted vision mode is actually the clearest way to find an enemy. Although personally when forests are involved I always turn on thermal thanks to the mess of trees.

#9 Avengar

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

I just did a search on google and saw there is a cheat out there not saying it's real or people are even using it but I did find one. I don't and never have used cheats in a game makes no sense to me. what's the point? you get to own some people? so what it's not even you doing it.

#10 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Some people modify their settings to not render non-actor objects. They also turn up their brightness to turn RC Night into RC Noon shootout. Hate to tell you, but that isn't skill, it's borderline hacking/exploiting.

#11 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

incredible shot of a true boss

Posted Image

#12 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostcyberFluke, on 17 June 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Some people modify their settings to not render non-actor objects. They also turn up their brightness to turn RC Night into RC Noon shootout. Hate to tell you, but that isn't skill, it's borderline hacking/exploiting.

Hacking and exploiting?
The closest it is to is 'exploiting' settings to their favor, not much else.

#13 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostAvengar, on 17 June 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

I just did a search on google and saw there is a cheat out there not saying it's real or people are even using it but I did find one. I don't and never have used cheats in a game makes no sense to me. what's the point? you get to own some people? so what it's not even you doing it.

Oh and most Cryengine hacks work without a problem. I've been on the receiving end of numerous aimbots and nethacks. A guy (that shall remain nameless to avoid post being deleted) a couple of days ago in an Atlas one shotted four of my team in around 20 seconds. Every one of them headshots. Two atlases, me in my stalker, then a cataphract. Had the balls to ask if we liked his hacks in allchat too.

View PostDarren Tyler, on 17 June 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Hacking and exploiting?
The closest it is to is 'exploiting' settings to their favor, not much else.

View PostcyberFluke, on 17 June 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Reading comprehension, you need some. Your lack of comprehension aside, If the game by dint of faulty design or oversight allows an advantage by using lower settings and you use it, that is exploiting a flaw in the game, is it not?

Edited by cyberFluke, 17 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#14 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

I don't think many people actually do that kind of stuff where they modify game files, etc. People run low settings though so you see what you need to see and not extra fluff that is pretty, but that happens in all comp games.

#15 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Get BAP and sensor range. You can automatically target anything without ECM coverage from 1350m. It's pretty easy to aim when the game automatically identifies targets at absurd ranges that you have line of sight to. Aim for the middle of the box and enjoy your easy hits. MWO does not exactly require a tremendous amount of aiming skill, and even less when the game automatically picks targets that you might not be able to see.

#16 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don't think many people actually do that kind of stuff where they modify game files, etc. People run low settings though so you see what you need to see and not extra fluff that is pretty, but that happens in all comp games.

comp? as in competitive? MWO? seriously? :)

#17 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostJSparrowist, on 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

comp? as in competitive? MWO? seriously? :)

http://lastmechstanding.com/forum/

#18 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 17 June 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

A forum does not make a game competitive. How can MWO actually be considered comp when it lacks reasonable balance and remains broken in ways for months at a time?

#19 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostJSparrowist, on 17 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

A forum does not make a game competitive. How can MWO actually be considered comp when it lacks reasonable balance and remains broken in ways for months at a time?

people still organize unsanctioned competitions. this game is hardly worthy of it. what typically happens is everybody runs the same build and we see who has better organization, luck, skill, etc.

hope i don't get banned for discussing it as pgi does not condone™ tournaments.

Edited by Stoicblitzer, 17 June 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#20 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

And here I thought this thread was going to be about good shots. I tagged Jaeger 500+ meters out running right to left with dual UAC/5s till they both jammed. Everyone watching said it was a pretty damn good shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users