20 replies to this topic

#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

On a slightly different note but on topic with the forum: AC/40 Jagers and AC/20 hit registration. I've been noticing people have problems with these. Following the teammate's problems I made my own Cheese Jager and then began shooting lights. Having noted where my teammate was hitting with the AC/20s but dealing no damage, I made it a point to aim a bit differently. I hit every time and got serious damage registered except for the clear misses. (Too high, too low, enemy stopped moving before running into the shot, jumpjetted over shot, etc.)

I then tried it his way and came to a conclusion: When shooting at certain light mechs at close range -- namely Commandos and Spiders -- you must make sure your AC/20 hits a specific body part. The old splash effect AC/20s used to have is gone so direct hits must be achieved.

Furthermore the reason I say it must hit a specific body part is because of this very interesting observation: Every AC/20 round that hits in between a center and side torso (at the line) fails to register. Every. Single. Time.

It seems if the game can't decide whether you hit the center or the side torso, the shot "doesn't count." So make sure your shots are clear. There's three ways to do this.
  • Stay outside of 150 meters, so your shots can properly converge. (180 meters for arm-mounted weapons on Cataphracts [Gauss Rifles and AC/10s -- namely on the 4X]).
  • As you get a feel for your shots, try to make sure you will hit a side or center torso, by aiming between the two (especially at close range as the convergence of your AC/20 rounds will ensure one shell goes into each torso; if you fire directly at a side torso one shell will go in between the CT and ST, and one will go under their arm-pit. Neither will register when that happens).
  • Try firing one AC/20 at a time. I've never had a shot fail to register firing them one at a time.
That said, good luck with your AC/20 swiss cheese builds!

Edited by Koniving, 13 June 2013 - 06:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users