4 replies to this topic

#1 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Eat it Harmony Gold. I made a wanna-be, Phalanx desdroid.

The SRMs and lasers are on 2 separate groups (obviously) but there is a 3rd group which has the SRMs on chain fire for when things get a little bit toasty. Take potshots with the large lasers as you move from cover to cover than try to flank or ambush any unsuspecting mechs,

Thoughts?

#2 LoboSG

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

1. Not too sure about srms without artemis... even if they are srm4s.
2. lasers aren't really good for 'potshots' as you need to expose yourself for the whole duration of the laser discharge (versus ppc/ballistics' fire and forget).

Unless u are running ssrm, my preference would be to have Artemis. Also, I would rather boat LRMs for a missile build. With a slow torso turn, not exactly built for brawling.

#3 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

The JM6A can be an effective brawler

#4 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'd compare the Robotech "Monster" to something along the lines of Omega. As to that loadout, This is more akin to pot shots but way more expensive.

EDIT: hmm, maybe I should sleep sooner, realized the 'phalanx' isn't the gigantic monster that popped up when I searched for desdroid since phalanx draws up a ton of pictures of the CIWS on naval ships.

Edited by Alekzander Smirnoff, 11 June 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#5 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'd compare the Robotech "Monster" to something along the lines of Omega. As to that loadout, This is more akin to pot shots but way more expensive.

EDIT: hmm, maybe I should sleep sooner, realized the 'phalanx' isn't the gigantic monster that popped up when I searched for desdroid since phalanx draws up a ton of pictures of the CIWS on naval ships.

Yeah... not gonna put an XL in the thing. I play a Jager quite a bit. My preferred is an S variant with dual AC10s and quad small laser. I always lose my small lasers before my AC10s from crits and always seem to get my side torso taken out before my center. And that's a mid range direct fire support unit. With a brawler that would be a death sentence.

Also the monster destroidyou are thinking of is actually called The Monster. The Phalanx is the Phalanx.

View PostLoboSG, on 11 June 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

1. Not too sure about srms without artemis... even if they are srm4s.
2. lasers aren't really good for 'potshots' as you need to expose yourself for the whole duration of the laser discharge (versus ppc/ballistics' fire and forget).

Unless u are running ssrm, my preference would be to have Artemis. Also, I would rather boat LRMs for a missile build. With a slow torso turn, not exactly built for brawling.

See, normally I would agree with you on the Artemis. But after running the build a few times I've come to find that the spread really isn't that terrible... it's just that SRM damage kinda sucks right now.

I did use to run this bad boy with LRMs for a while but I wanted a change of pace. I think, however, that the feeling has passed because the SRMs have really let me down...

Edited by Raso, 11 June 2013 - 08:33 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users