Custom Mechs

9 replies to this topic

#1 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:06 AM

if the DEV's ever decide to create or have Fan inspired custom mechs, upgraded to not only change weapons but the look of the mech. I'm there :) http://bg.battletech...ic,21257.0.htmlPosted Image

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

You called?

the "Deputy Dawg"
Posted Image

A kitbash put together using mothballed and scrapped parts from an old Davion Militia depot, the Dawg has the Chassis and Armor taken from a classic Urbanmech, but the engine, myomers and leg actuators from a Valkyrie. The Armament is a hodge podge of refurbished weapons, and an improvised water cannon, added for the Dawg's primary role as a Civil Defense/Lawman.

It leads a full Company of refurbished and modified Urbanmechs, keeping their city safe!

#3 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

I'd like to see more mechs with the Cataphract legs, they look really cool, better than all other chicken and non chicken-legs.

BTW: That's an awesome uber-hunchy

Edited by TexAss, 11 June 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

another one, combining the legs of a Catapult, Torso of a Hunch and some custom weapons.
Posted Image

My Custom Treb
(2 SRM6, 2 SRM 4 and 2 Large Lasers, DHS and JJ)
Posted Image

#5 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

You have to make them look more like walking bricks to get PGI to use any of them ;).

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostSephlock, on 11 June 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

You have to make them look more like walking bricks to get PGI to use any of them ;).

you prefer PGI stick to having 5 year olds doodle the mechs like FASA/FanPro/CGL have?

I think Alex has (largely) been spot on.

#7 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 June 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

you prefer PGI stick to having 5 year olds doodle the mechs like FASA/FanPro/CGL have?

I think Alex has (largely) been spot on.

To be fair CGL did hire David White, whos done an amazing job with several mechs. David and Alex are my fav official mech artists.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 11 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

To be fair CGL did hire David White, whos done an amazing job with several mechs. David and Alex are my fav official mech artists.

I'm torn with David.

His work IS top notch. My problem is he stays too true to the original TRO art, which leaves too many mechs with horrible designs and impossible limbs. I really wish he took, or was given the freedom to clean up and correct here the original were steaming piles. Ditto with the stuff Plog did. Also, (and this is just my opinion) too many of the newer artists lost that hard edge, industrial feel, with one;s like Plog adding way too many curvy lines and exaggerations.

It's kinda like my only issue with Shortpainters work... it's AWESOME< but kinda loses the Battletech feel, it's almost too streamlined and high tech looking.

#9 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 11 June 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

if the DEV's ever decide to create or have Fan inspired custom mechs, upgraded to not only change weapons but the look of the mech. I'm there ;) http://bg.battletech...ic,21257.0.htmlPosted Image

There we go! That 's the "two heavy battlefists" that the Hunchie is supposed to have. It's the one thing that has ALWAYS bugged me about the Hunchback art. Nobody ever fixed those spindly little twigs.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 11 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

There we go! That 's the "two heavy battlefists" that the Hunchie is supposed to have. It's the one thing that has ALWAYS bugged me about the Hunchback art. Nobody ever fixed those spindly little twigs.

IDK...hit either torso with a spitwad, and the sheer weight of those arms will cause them to tear right off the internal structure.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users